Best site for euro cult and other DVD-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best site for euro cult and other DVD-R

I cant locate the thread where this has been discussed before.

Im looking for a good site, preferably Europe-based, with good selection of rare/deleted DVD-R

I have come across Twistedanger.com -their prices are in GBP and they have a great selection but they dont take Paypal

Any others?

I like these guys. https://zddvm.com/

Comment

Thanks, Ive checked them out also, its a nice site but only has one of the 3 titles im looking for whereas twistedanger.com has them all. Im tempted to use twistedanger but it would involve putting in your card details which im very wary of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
        Thanks, Ive checked them out also, its a nice site but only has one of the 3 titles im looking for whereas twistedanger.com has them all. Im tempted to use twistedanger but it would involve putting in your card details which im very wary of doing.
        Not sure if this has been suggested to you in the past, but ... Get a disposable credit card for online purchases. Don't use it for anything other than online purchases, and if you're truly concerned, choose one from a bank that has a great online presence that will notify you (via SMS or app alert) of every charge. Alternatively, you could try something like GreenDot, a re-loadable "credit/debit" card that you can use to contain any "breach."
        Just a thought...

Comment

Trash Palace is one of the best with a massive selection. Cult Action are great as well and do real cool artwork.
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Cult Action to me are the absolute best. Unfortunately, not much new lately.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Thanks for the input. It seems there is no "holy grail" site which i was looking for. I may try twistedanger.com or go to one of the US ones. At least Trash Palace offers free shipping over orders of $75 so i may wait a while to see if i want any other titles.

I just want good quality as you can download most of the films im looking for but theyre always really shitty compressed encodes. I would hope these DVD-R sites would at least use 3 or 4gb per film.

Comment

I guess torrents have killed business for some of the bootleggers...? Also, I'm guessing some of what they're selling are just torrents? I have no idea if you can just burn a torrent to dvd-r & play it? That's something I meant to look into but never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                  I'm guessing some of what they're selling are just torrents?
                  I would definately hope not, but thats partly what im worried about and why i would be hesitant to place a large order from any particular supplier.

I have no idea if you can just burn a torrent to dvd-r & play it? That's something I meant to look into but never did.
                  For true compatibility you would need to convert the file to dvd format. Well some disc players may be able to handle playing video files like mkv from disc, i dont know. But i know that plenty definately can handle playing mkv, avi, mp4 etc from an attached HDD which makes more sense nowadays.

Comment

http://www.j4hi.com/index.html

Comment

Most of these sites (at least now) just download the files and burn them to a dvd. This is easy to do with any dvd authoring program. I do this all the time either using Convert-X-to-DVD or sometimes Nero, but there are a number of other programs. So, that dvd-r you buy was almost certainly an .avi or .mpeg file originally.

Comment

I notice the torrents on Cinemageddon are often massive. Frequently uncompressed rips from BluRay. I think you'll get better quality from there than from DVDr sellers. And yeah, as Thomas said you can then just burn them to disc if you want to store them in a non permanent format. Buying the DVDrs is almost certainly pirating anyway but I figure if you're going that way better not to actually pay the pirates.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Yeah ive heard about cinemageddon. unfortunately its impossible for plebs like me to join. its a "closed club" which i find a bit unfortunate. you need to be invited by another member.

Ive been using rarelust.com, which is like a poor mans CG. Tons of films, but bad compression. But at least its open to all, so fair play.
                          Bogart
                          Last edited by Bogart; 08-01-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I second the recommendation to use Nero on windows to burn DVDs from downloaded files. If you are a Mac user, nothing beats Toast, which can even generate menus automatically.

Comment

Cinemageddon hasn't allowed invites since their problems a few months ago, I agree with Bogart that rarelust is good (slow downloads but they are restartable), Other good ones are surrealmoviez.info but it also had problems and doesn't allow invites at the moment, Non-invite ones that you could look at are myduckisdead.org (slow downloads and the hoster does not allow restarts but does have a good selection), And, rarefilm.net has a good selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X