Flesh For Frankenstein / Blood For Dracula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
    I'm tempted with these but naturally wary as allegedly the Australian Blu-ray release of Flesh for Frankenstein looked like shite, and these cost a lot more.
    I own the Aussie Blus of both of these films and both look like crap, though FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN fares the worst.

Comment

These got pushed back to October 13th.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

These popped up on diabolik, listed as out of stock, but I was going to pull the trigger but wanted to ask if there are any reviews on PQ?

Comment

I have Frankenstein, I was pleased with the picture. Colourful and fairly sharp but no clean up of specks. However, there is an authoring error which your player may or may not have a problem with causing jerky movement. This can be resolved by setting your output to 1080i if it happens. There was supposed to be a replacement programme, but I don't know if fixed yet. It looks far better than the Australian upscale.

As to Dracula, some have said it's not much of an upgrade over the Australian version (although that was only 1080i), so I haven't upgraded.
          agent999
          Last edited by agent999; 01-03-2018, 07:55 AM.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            I have Frankenstein, I was pleased with the picture. Colourful and fairly sharp but no clean up of specks. However, there is an authoring error which your player may or may not have a problem with causing jerky movement. This can be resolved by setting your output to 1080i if it happens. There was supposed to be a replacement programme, but I don't know if fixed yet. It looks far better than the Australian upscale.

As to Dracula, some have said it's not much of an upgrade over the Australian version (although that was only 1080i), so I haven't upgraded.
            Thanks for the info.

Comment

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11214&d2=9253&c=3739 - Flesh for Frankenstein
              http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11215&d2=6028&c=2456 - Blood for Dracula

Comment

Thanks! I forgot how helpfull that website is, The transfer for the German discs looks sharper and brighter. I think I'll be grabbing them.

Comment

Huge uptick on the German Blu......very nice, but certainly it could be better.
                  But for now this is a huge bump.
                  https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Severin have dropped some hints that Blood For Dracula will be the mystery 4k UHD release as part of their June sale.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bfd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	360094
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Super!
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Consensus is that Vinegar Syndrome is most likely going to be the ones to release Flesh for Frankenstein.

Comment

Goddamnit! I'm getting absolutely pummeled by bills lately (It's not even funny. Owning two cars on a shitty paycheck fucking sucks!) but I think I might have to try and make room for this one in the budget.
                              Nabonga
                              Last edited by Nabonga; 06-19-2021, 09:13 AM.
                              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

so... is this going to be one of those "webstore exclusives" that you can buy a few days only during their sale, but will magically turn up again later like blood on satan's claw?

Comment

Working...
                                X