Paul Verhoeven's Blessed Virgin / Bendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I sort of liked this more then I expected. Not a great film, but it certainly delivers on the whole nunsploitation angle, and Verhoeven clearly enjoys bitchslapping religion around. Definitely worth its place on my Verhoeven shelf.
    As I wrote, I found it surprisingly very 'religious' in a small 'r' kind of way. Benedetta is very pious with her convictions in her own way

Comment

Finally checked this out. It's visually stunning, but the story is surprisingly simplistic and obvious. The ambiguity was a nice touch. It's like a huge budget Jess Franco nunsploitation movie, really. I have to admit that the version I watched on AMC+ had lagging subtitles that got worse as the film went on, so that made for a more frustrating viewing experience than it might've been with proper subs. It's worth watching and it has some really outrageous imagery.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        Finally checked this out. It's visually stunning, but the story is surprisingly simplistic and obvious. The ambiguity was a nice touch. It's like a huge budget Jess Franco nunsploitation movie, really. I have to admit that the version I watched on AMC+ had lagging subtitles that got worse as the film went on, so that made for a more frustrating viewing experience than it might've been with proper subs. It's worth watching and it has some really outrageous imagery.
        I saw this at it's UK premier at the London Film Festival last year & saw it again when it was eventually released in cinemas around April this year. I loved it & it is my Favourite Verhoeven film.

Comment

Anyone know what the best BD/UHD release of this film is?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

I saw this at it's UK premier at the London Film Festival last year & saw it again when it was eventually released in cinemas around April this year. I loved it & it is my Favourite Verhoeven film.
            You like it more than ROBOCOP?
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

You like it more than ROBOCOP?
              YES! I don't like his Hollywood films.

Comment

Working...
              X