Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margheriti's Web Of The Spider Coming From Garagehouse Pictures

From FB:

"Later this year Garagehouse Pictures will be releasing Antonio Margheriti's WEB OF THE SPIDER (1971) on Blu-ray from an eye-popping new 4K scan in it's original glorious 2.35:1 aspect ratio from the original US theatrical negative. Anthony Franciosa, Michele Mercier and Klaus Kinski (as Edgar Allan Poe) star in the color remake of Margheriti's 1964 film CASTLE OF BLOOD. The disc will include a commentary, an Antonio Margheriti trailer reel and more! More details to be announced..."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

YOWZA!!!!

Comment

Bruce Holecheck posted this on FB regarding which version we'll be seeing. Conjecture of course, he says as much, but interesting none the less.

"It's my understanding the current home video versions of the "U.S. cut" were actually pulled from trimmed 16mm TV prints. This will be the theatrical version, which has not been on video previously. I can't say how complete it is, because I haven't seen it, but I'm led to believe it's longer than the version prepared by Independent International for television."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I don't believe the complete film was dubbed into English.
        As soon as they announce a run time we'll now more, but I am not getting my hopes up.

The bits of dialog here & there cut out of the English version would never have been done for TV.
        The theatrical US print may restore some nudity....it would be great to see the stable scene with Julia turn up here ( it's only seen in the German release to date ).
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Love the original, only ever seen this on one of those public domain movie packs so looking forward to this.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

From FB:

"Hey, look! It's Stephen Romano's spine-tingling new artwork for Garagehouse Pictures' upcoming release of Antonio Margheriti's WEB OF THE SPIDER! The release will include a stunning new transfer mastered in 4K from the original US theatrical CRI (with all nudity and violence intact!), as well as two audio commentaries (one with DVD Drive-In host George Reis and THE BLOODY APE director Keith Crocker -- who previously contributed the commentary chores to TRAILER TRAUMA 2: DRIVE-IN MONSTERAMA -- and another with resident Garagehouse Pictures cover artist Stephen Romano), trailers, deleted scenes, a Super 8 movie digest version of the film, a still gallery and more! More details and release date coming soon!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	18620267_661077377415840_7661499109834204908_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	352393
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pretty cover but I'm still not sold on this movie.
              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Swiped this from FB, some info on the transfer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18739980_1380971195330790_5360389784900560521_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	352427
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pre-sales for Garagehouse Pictures' release of Antonio Margheriti's WEB OF THE SPIDER (1971), starring Anthony (TENEBRE) Franciosa, Klaus (NOSFERATU, THE VAMPYRE) Kinski and Michele (BLACK SABBATH) Mercier, are now up exclusively through DiabolikDVD.com. This is the first time ever this Italian gothic horror shriek-show has been available in HD in its domestic, uncut English language version in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Release date: 10/24.

Special features include:
                  -Audio commentary with George Reis and Keith Crocker
                  -Audio commentary with Stephen Romano
                  -Uncut Italian version in standard definition with English subtitles
                  -Deleted scenes
                  -Two German Super 8mm digests
                  -Art gallery
                  -Garagehouse Pictures trailers

1971 / 93 mins / Color / Not Rated

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/w...ay-all-region/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                    Pretty cover but I'm still not sold on this movie.
                    Yeah, me neither. Love CASTLE OF BLOOD but this falls really flat for me. That cover is nice tho.
                    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Looks like a nice package. They even include the Italian cut as an SD extra.

Comment

Working...
                      X