Nucleus Films: Euro Cult Project restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nucleus Films: Euro Cult Project restoration

Dracula, prisoner of Frankenstein anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
      Dracula, prisoner of Frankenstein anyone?
      There will be 2 films restored as indicated by the 2 BDs pictured. These will be Nucleus Films' 2nd & 3rd BDs after yesterday's release of Lost Soul - The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau.

Comment

I think i know what these two titles are, but i don't want to spoil the surprise, one is a key giallo and the other an Italian Gothic horror, both needing proper restorations as existing versions are missing footage....i could be wrong of course!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/NucleusFilm...type=3&theater

First title announcement - LADY FRANKENSTEIN, full uncut version! Now just one more week to go till we launch!
          We will announce the other title on Wednesday. Spread the word.
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

This really is exciting....just the LADY alone has me giddy.

https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Jones View Post
              I think i know what these two titles are, but i don't want to spoil the surprise, one is a key giallo and the other an Italian Gothic horror, both needing proper restorations as existing versions are missing footage....i could be wrong of course!
              Boom! Guessed the first, you're going to love the next one, which if i'm right is a giallo that has never had a complete official release.....i'm saying no more!

Comment

Don't tease us like that Adrian! Can't wait to see the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Jones View Post
                  Boom! Guessed the first, you're going to love the next one, which if i'm right is a giallo that has never had a complete official release.....i'm saying no more!
                  Is it one we've heard of or is it an ultra rare one?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                    Is it one we've heard of or is it an ultra rare one?
                    I'll say this much...it is one you've heard of!

Hope Marc and Jake have some other goodies up their sleeves.

Comment

If I am not mistaken that giallo has already been released on blu in another European country.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/NucleusFilm...type=3&theater

We're very excited to announce that the other title getting the full 2K restoration treatment via our upcoming Indiegogo campaign is Giulio Questi's DEATH LAID AN EGG!
                        Re-mastered from the negatives, English and Italian audio, plus extras. Spread the word!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...or/coming_soon
                        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf A. View Post
                          If I am not mistaken that giallo has already been released on blu in another European country.
                          Yes that's true, but there's never been a complete 2k release from the negative, the German [or is it Austrian?] bluray includes two cuts one in German from a print and an Italian one which is lesser quality, possibly from a dvd source? As far as i'm aware the only complete version[?] is the fanedit using several sources, I've got the German bluray and both versions are missing footage.The Nucleus releases should be a major upgrade if all goes to plan and the funding goes well.
                          Adrian Jones
                          Last edited by Adrian Jones; 10-19-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Awesome! There is apparently a longer version of this than which is on the Japanese DVD I own, released on VHS somewhere. It would be cool if this release would have the complete version. Great film anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                              Awesome! There is apparently a longer version of this than which is on the Japanese DVD I own, released on VHS somewhere. It would be cool if this release would have the complete version. Great film anyway!
                              I used to own the Japanese dvd which for starters doesn't contain the graphic chicken production line footage, pretty sure there's extra dialogue and an extension to the scene in the hotel near the beginning. Apparently Questi's original cut is 20-25 mins longer, no idea if that version is the one on the negative?

http://lovelockandload.net/index.php?topic=1158.60
                              Adrian Jones
                              Last edited by Adrian Jones; 10-19-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X