X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenomena Blu-ray from Synapse / Arrow UK

Finally, up for pre-order
    PHENOMENA (116 minute version)

This English/Italian hybrid cut of PHENOMENA contains an additional six minutes of material not seen in the 110 minute version. Completely remixed by Synapse Films to seamlessly integrate the additional Italian audio segments into the feature, and remastered in high-definition, this version of PHENOMENA is now available for the FIRST TIME EVER in North America!High-Definition 1080p (1.66:1) Presentation /DTS-HD MA 2.0 English/Italian Stereo, Optional DTS-HD MA 2.0 Italian Stereo /Multiple optional English subtitle selections, including one for just the foreign language segments of the hybrid version, complete English subtitles for the entire feature, and complete English subtitles for the Italian version of the film.

PHENOMENA (110 minute version)

This international version of PHENOMENA was released in 1985 and contains almost 30 minutes of additional footage not seen in the CREEPERS U.S. version. Completely remastered in high-definition and released, for the FIRST TIME EVER, on Blu-ray!High-Definition 1080p (1.66:1) Presentation /DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Stereo /English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

CREEPERS (83 minute U.S. release version)

Synapse Films is proud to present the U.S. version of CREEPERS, now available for the FIRST TIME EVER remastered in high-definition (1080p 1.66:1 Presentation). Includes optional English subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

“EXCLUSIVE” Synapse Films PHENOMENA Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD

This original motion picture soundtrack contains the complete 16 track Goblin instrumental score for PHENOMENA, along with four additional music tracks from Andi Sex Gang and Simon Boswell. This CD, exclusively available from Synapse Films, is the first time these music tracks have been included on the same CD compilation.

Features

THREE differents cut of PHENOMENA, all available in high-definition for the first time ever in one collector's edition package!
    Audio Commentary Track on PHENOMENA (110 Version) from Argento scholar and author, Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator, David Del Valle
    Two completely different sound mix options on PHENOMENA (110 Version), including the original 2.0 stereo mix, along with a rare alternate mix containing different sound effects and music cues.
    English/Italian Hybrid Audio and Complete Italian Audio Options for PHENOMENA (116 Version)
    DARIO ARGENTO'S WORLD OF HORROR - Documentary. A fascinating look at the early films of director Dario Argento, including PHENOMENA, SUSPIRIA, DEMONS, DAWN OF THE DEAD, INFERNO and many more! Containing candid interviews and awesome behind-the-scenes footage, DARIO ARGENTO'S WORLD OF HORROR gives us a look into the mind of Italy's Master of Horror and is an essential viewing experience for all Argento fans.
    Interview with Andi Sex Gang
    PHENOMENA - International Theatrical Trailer
    CREEPERS - U.S. Theatrical Trailer & Radio Spots
    Optional English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard for Hearing on PHENOMENA (110 Version and CREEPERS Version)
    Multiple optional subtitle selections on PHENOMENA (116 Version), including one for just the foreign English language segments of the hybrid version, complete English subtitles for the entire feature, and complete English subtitles for the Italian version of the film.
    "EXCLUSIVE" Synapse Films PHENOMENA CD Soundtrack - This original motion picture soundtrack contains the complete 16 track Goblin instrumental score for PHENOMENA, along with four additional music tracks from Andi Sex Gang and Simon Boswell. This CD, exclusively available from Synapse Films, is the first time these music tracks have been included on the same CD compilation.

I love Phenomena, but owning the Arrow steelbook already, I'm not sure I can justify the price tag including shipping to the uk. I'm not sure I would watch any of the other cuts. Would be nice to have the extended soundtrack, even if I already have the soundtrack on vinyl and cd. What a shame they couldnt license Bill Wymans The Valley though. Still have to put some thought into this one.

Comment

:woot:
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
        I love Phenomena, but owning the Arrow steelbook already, I'm not sure I can justify the price tag including shipping to the uk. I'm not sure I would watch any of the other cuts. Would be nice to have the extended soundtrack, even if I already have the soundtrack on vinyl and cd. What a shame they couldnt license Bill Wymans The Valley though. Still have to put some thought into this one.
        Ditto. I've still got the CREEPERS cut on VHS somewhere but never feel the need to watch it. The 116 minute cut is the only version I prefer to watch these days and (Sacrilege! Heresy!) I think the film works much better in Italian. The UK release ain't perfect, but given the drubbing the GBP has received recently and how expensive it is to import from the US these days, I doubt I'll be importing this. (If, by some almighty miracle, the pound works its way out of the doldrums and importing US releases becomes more affordable, I might consider it, however.)

I'm sure this is great news for fans in the US, however :)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Ill definately wait for the regular release this time. And im patient enough to wait for the pound to recover as well

Comment

Definitely waiting for the single disc on this one. Plus I already have Dario's World of Horror. It may have been the very first DVD I ever bought. That or Vampyros Lesbos.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

I don't blame you guys that are outside of the US for not ordering this, especially with the insane shipping from Diabolik DVD(I think it is like $21.) I, however, pre-ordered this right away as PHENOMENA was the first Argento film I saw (I blind bought the Anchor Bay DVD) and I love it.

Here is how the discs break down:
              DISC 1 (Blu-ray):
              PHENOMENA (116 minute version)
              CREEPERS (83 minute U.S. release version)

DISC 2 (Blu-ray):
              PHENOMENA (110 minute version)
              SPECIAL FEATURES:
              -Audio Commentary Track with Argento scholar and author, Derek Botelho and film historian, journalist and radio/television commentator, David Del Valle
              -DARIO ARGENTO'S WORLD OF HORROR
              -Interview with Andi Sex Gang
              -PHENOMENA - International Theatrical Trailer
              -CREEPERS - U.S. Theatrical Trailer & Radio Spots

DISC 3 (CD)- Exclusive Synapse Films PHENOMENA Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD

Comment

I'll definitely be ordering this soon. I had the Arrow disc when it was first released. At the time, it was pretty good, but it isn't so hot nowadays. Glad I can finally get a proper HD release of one of my fave Argento flicks.

Comment

I'll wait for the standard release as well. As hard as they wanted to present Tenebrae as a huge upgrade over the Arrow release, it is clearly not (with wrong colours and some edge enhancement) I think Phenomena won't be a huge uprade either to justify the very high price. If I order it from diabolik it will cost me $70 USD. They are out of their minds, especially diabolik.
                  Raf A.
                  Last edited by Raf A.; 10-07-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Last time i ordered a few discs from Diabolik the shipping cost was $28 so it probably makes sense to order a few things at once. its still high though and will put me off ordering from them as much.

Comment

cant help but think the blu ray market will implode at some point in the future what with all these premium releases and the likes of code red going crazy licensing anything he can get his hands on. i think once the blu ray market stops attracting newcomers there will be a drastic reckoning. CR will go bust.

Comment

I don't know how, if their sales are as bad as he constantly says, CR can afford to license all the titles they are licensing.

About the transfer on PHENOMENA, the 116 minute cut is the same as the Arrow, but, supposedly, Synapse have fixed the numerous soundtrack errors found on the Arrow Blu. The 110 minute cut (and Creepers) are from a superior master created by Wild Side that lacks all the poor DNR that plagues the 116 minute master.

Comment

okay, I put this in my cart @diabolik (which is the only place international customers can order this) and proceeded to the checkout:

Total: $47.99
                          Shipping & handling: $21.50
                          Total to pay: $69.49

this is fucking insane for one movie! I wouldn't even pay this price fo a new 4k scan of all existing versions.

Comment

Diabolik has this in stock now.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Check out https://www.wowhd.co.uk/ they do us releases with free shipping. They have a .se and .ie store also. I have used, they are reliable.

Comment

Working...
                              X