Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House On The Edge Of The Park - The Code Red VS Nocturno Italy Blu-ray Battle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art Ettinger posted this on FB:

"Given their soft announcement this past weekend, I am now authorized to let everyone know that I contributed to the upcoming Blu-ray of House on the Edge of the Park, scheduled to go on sale on Black Friday from Severin Films. Still sworn to secrecy on the full details, suffice it to say that this release is a three-disc limited edition, replete with slipcover, scanned in 4K from the original uncut negative. Hot on the heels of our Untold Story track, longtime friend Bruce Holecheck of Cinema Arcana and I contribute an audio commentary that I am beyond proud of. Including first-hand accounts from David Hess, Giovanni Lombardo Radice, and Ruggero Deodato that were gleaned from years of friendship, Ultra Violent interviews, and convention Q&As, our commentary strikes the perfect mix of scholarship, reverence, and fanboy humor. I couldn't be prouder of it. Stay tuned for the full specs in the coming weeks. Please plan on supporting this historic release. I'm honored to be part of it. Does the commentary track include me and Bruce trying to sing the “Cindy, Oh Cindy” song? You bet it does! Trust me. This release is going to be one for the ages."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The corrected Severin version is in stock at both Amazon and Diabolik, but it'll cost me $76 from the former or $70 from the latter. Just insane (even more insane is that I'll probably still end up buying it).
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Bay Street Video in Toronto has it on order, though delayed (Mar 29, 2022) : almost certainly cheaper there.

Comment

88 has this slated for UHD soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FRg1CsYXoAAIH6B.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	391880

Name:	FRg1CtLXoAEXzEf.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	391879
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

88 Films UHD coming 1/23/23, reportedly uncut.

https://amzn.to/3DI7ge5

Name:	311643595_533636305435432_7139467685583140464_n.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	862.3 KB
ID:	403262
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Art does little for me.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                88 Films UHD coming 1/23/23, reportedly uncut.

https://amzn.to/3DI7ge5

Name:	311643595_533636305435432_7139467685583140464_n.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	862.3 KB
ID:	403262
                Passed UNCUT at end of April

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/house...lgtmtawmtiymza

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                  Art does little for me.
                  Honestly, the mockup with the razor on the plain white background looked better to me.

Comment

Pre-order up for the UHD with extras listed.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...44438049521966

From the late, notorious director Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust) comes House on the Edge of the Park. When two low-lives gate crash a party, and are mocked by the posh hosts they decide to get their revenge by subjecting the guests to various forms of torture and violence. Influenced by the likes of The Last House on the Left and being a forerunner to movies like Funny Games, House on the Edge of the Park is a classic video nasty era slice of Italian exploitation cinema, presented here in stunning 4K UHD, fully uncut for the first time ever.

Limited Edition contents:

Limited Edition Slipcase with artwork by Graham Humphreys
                    A3 fold-out poster with artwork by Graham Humphreys and Original Italian Poster Artwork
                    Booklet notes with new writing on the film by Sean Hogan
                    2 Disc Set

UHD contents:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (2160p) in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio

Dolby Vision Grade (HDR10+ Compatible)
                    LPCM 2.0 English Mono
                    LPCM 2.0 Italian Mono with newly translated English Subtitles
                    Audio Commentary with David Flint and Adrian Smith
                    Audio Commentary with Zoe Smith and Rebecca McCallum
                    Original Trailer

Blu-ray contents:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (1080p) in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
                    LPCM 2.0 English Mono
                    LPCM 2.0 Italian Mono with newly translated English Subtitles
                    Audio Commentary with David Flint and Adrian Smith
                    Audio Commentary with Zoe Smith and Rebecca McCallum
                    On the Edge - An Interview with the late Ruggero Deodato
                    A True Professional - An Interview with Sergio D’Offizi
                    Geleng’s Park - An Interview with Massimo Antonello Geleng
                    The Last House on the Edge of the Park - An Interview with Ruggero Deodato and Giovanni Lombardo Radice
                    Geleng’s House of Horrors
                    Original Trailer
                    Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys and original Italian poster

TECHNICAL SPECS

Release Date: 27/02/23
                    Region Code: ABC / B
                    Audio: DTS-HD MA Mono
                    Picture: 2160p UHD / 1080p HD 1.85:1
                    Runtime: 91 mins approx.
                    Language: English / Italian
                    Subtitles: English
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just watched the UHD. Some synch issues which I don't think are down to dubbing (I only have the Italian language Blu Ray to hand so can't check the English track elsewhere). Checked on br.com and others have noticed it too. I also don't recall if the song cuts and warps as abruptly at the start as it does here. Arse.

Regardless of whether there are issues or not, the English track sounds like it was taken from one of my grandma's 78s.
                      agent999
                      Last edited by agent999; 02-27-2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Severin announced they have a UHD release coming later this year.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, 88 haven't exactly set the bar high.

Comment

How badly misframed is it? Had this UHD on pre-order but cancelled it when I started reading about issues.

Also had both the old EC Entertainment DVD and the Code Red Blu-Ray listed for sale online but now I'm thinking
                            about taking them down and do a comparison myself if Code Red still is the winner despite the less than great transfer?
                            Severin's Blu-Ray didn't really impress me much and I already have the soundtrack on vinyl so I sold their edition again,
                            after receiving the replacement disc.

Why do companies have to keep fucking things up in this day and age? Ugh... I'm tired of buying this (admittedly great) movie
                            over and over and over again. Guess I'll have to wait and read more opinions about 88's UHD.
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                              How badly misframed is it?
                              Capsaholic has screen caps of it:
                              https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=5788

I hadn't watched it for a long time, so the framing looked ok to me on viewing without referring back to other releases.

I think that waiting for reviews of 88 4ks is the best policy at the moment as the colours on Hell of the Living Dead are also off (rather than lurid red HDR blood, we get something magenta looking). I suspect they're putting them out with minimal work in order to beat the competition. Cannibal Holocaust looked good, but there were typos in the recreated credits.

Comment

Thanks for the link. :-) Wow... Lorraine De Selle's dress completely changes color between the Code Red Blu-Ray and the 88 UHD, lol. Same with blood, bruises and the pool water in the ending. The zoomed in picture annoys me greatly too. Fuck.

Good to know. That's another one I almost pre-ordered. With the prices these days there's NO excuse for shoddy work. It's become a luxury hobby I can barely afford anymore. Has the company adressed these fuck ups at all?
                                Nabonga
                                Last edited by Nabonga; 03-08-2023, 05:23 PM.
                                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                                X