Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House On The Edge Of The Park - The Code Red VS Nocturno Italy Blu-ray Battle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House On The Edge Of The Park - The Code Red VS Nocturno Italy Blu-ray Battle!

I'd appreciate it if anyone who intends to share this info would link back here rather than just swipe the screen caps, but I'm not a dick and I'm not going to 'bug' them. Still, this took time and money to do.

At any rate.... let's start with the Italian disc.

These can all be seen full sized by clicking on them.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And now a few caps from the Code Red disc, matched up the frames as best I could but it's not 100%.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And some basic tech specs:

Italian disc:
          MPEG-4 AVC
          DTS-HD Italian
          1:31:36

Code Red disc:
          MPEG-4 AVC
          DTS-HD English
          1:31:37
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The color correction work is pretty significant and nicely done on the CR release.

Comment

Yeah, it looks better to me too. The scanner noise and some DNR is still evident. Not perfect, but better.

Even if the transfers were identical CR would win for including the English audio (you need to HEAR Hess as well as SEE Hess!) and for including English friendly extras.

Do I wish the transfer was a new master? Yes. Am I happy with this disc? Yes.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Code Red wins this one for sure. This is as good as were going to get, and looks good to my eye.

Comment

Honestly, for a Blu-ray, I think it looks like crap. It's the same master as the Italian disc, so I understand Bill probably had no choice in the matter and had to use what was given to him, but this is yet another of those terrible Italian scans with that awful noise. Sure, technically it's sharper than a DVD, but Blu-ray is capable of so much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Clark View Post
                    Honestly, for a Blu-ray, I think it looks like crap. It's the same master as the Italian disc, so I understand Bill probably had no choice in the matter and had to use what was given to him, but this is yet another of those terrible Italian scans with that awful noise. Sure, technically it's sharper than a DVD, but Blu-ray is capable of so much more than that.
                    Really? Like the Digital noise you would see in early Blue Underground releases of Italian films? Man that sucks, It's hard to tell from the screen grabs. Thanks for doing that Ian, I guess I'll have to wait for my copy to show up so I can make my judgment.
                    Mark C.
                    Last edited by Mark C.; 08-11-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                      Really? Like the Digital noise you would see in early Blue Underground releases of Italian films? Man that sucks, It's hard to tell from the screen grabs.
                      Yes, that's exactly what it is.

Not only that, but the credits have been recreated with a generic computer font. The Italian disc has the original credits, so what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                        Really? Like the Digital noise you would see in early Blue Underground releases of Italian films? Man that sucks, It's hard to tell from the screen grabs. Thanks for doing that Ian, I guess I'll have to wait for my copy to show up so I can make my judgment.
                        Yup. Popped in my disc this evening, and it's plagued with the scanner noise. Definitely resembles the scans LVR has provided Blue Underground with in the past. It's not a deal breaker, I'm just calling 'em like I sees 'em.

Comment

Looks kind of worse than the Shriek Show DVD. But that's just me.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Yeah, same smeary mess as the Italian disc. Guess it comes down to if you prefer the English or Italian dub.

Thanks for the comparison, Ian!

Comment

So glad I saved my money and didn't buy this release. $27 for this garbage is too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X