Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Red Releasing Sergio Martino's The Great Alligator

More Bill speak!

People ask me for ALLIGATOR? cant get that one, so I got a GREAT ONE!

Since CODE RED DVD's past film (American films) are getting cherry picked by other labels we had no other choice but do a 180 and made a major package deal with an Italian company.

We present a Gator attack movie from a HD scan in 1080p in violent blazing color. We are proud the present THE GREAT ALLIGATOR ! made by all=time favorite Sergio Martino!

Starring Four of the cast of SCREAMERS! Barbara Bach, Claudio Cassinelli, Mel Ferrer and Richard Johnson. see muscle dude Romano Puppo and soul brother BOBBY RHODES!

Hopefully this movie will sell 2,000 Blu so we can continue this large italian film spree!

Click image for larger version

Name:	13782225_1116959871696521_2435441205334849982_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	367325
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They should use this cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Recoil View Post
      They should use this cover.

I'd buy it just for the cover.

Comment

From the Ronix Flix page:

Available later this week....

Meaner than Jaws... More bloodthirsty than Piranha... Here comes The Great Alligator, a blood-soaked tale of jungle greed and just desserts from cult director Sergio Martino (Torso). Barbara Bach (The Unseen, The Spy Who Loved Me) and Claudio Cassinelli (Screamers, Slave of the Cannibal God, Hands of Steel) head into the steamy jungles of Southeast Asia where construction for an exclusive resort is treading onto territory that the Kuma natives hold sacred... and their alligator god Kroona takes personally. Paradise turns into an unrelenting nightmare in this outrageous giant creature feast also starring Mel Ferrer (The Visitor, Eaten Alive), Richard Johnson (The Haunting, Beyond the Door), Bobby Rhodes (Demons, Demons 2), Romano Puppo (After the Fall of New York, Street Law) and child actress Sylvia Collatina (Murderock), with a screenplay by the legendary Ernesto Gastaldi (All the Colors of the Dark, The Grand Duel) and a pounding score by the great Stelvio Cipriani (Bay of Blood, Tentacles). Find out who lives and who dies in this essential '70s shocker, now remastered from the original negative for the first time in HD!

* New HD scan with extensive color correction here in the U.S

* Brand New interview with Gianlorenzo Battaglia

* Brand New interview with Claudio Morabito

* New round table discussion with Paolo Ricci, Giancarlo Ferrado and Massimo Antonello Geleg

* Interview with Sergio Martino and Massimo Antonello Geleg

* Trailer
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I love Martino but this movie blows! One of his worst, if not THE worst. Definite pass!
          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

It is one of Martino's worst.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

It's no masterpiece by any stretch but I thought it was pretty fun.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                It's no masterpiece by any stretch but I thought it was pretty fun.
                How would you rate it compared to ISLAND OF THE FISHMEN (aka SCREAMERS)? The following IMDB review has scared me off but the talk of minatures has me wanting to check it out.

It's not bad enough to be hilarious. There's no sleaze or gratuitous nudity (although there was plenty of opportunity). There's no gore. There's no suspense in the first hour of the movie 'cause there's way to much scenes of tourist having a party and natives playing funky tribal music.

The most entertaining (and at the same time funny) scene is when Alice and Daniel drive a van over a bridge and it collapses. We're looking at a matchbox-version of the van falling in the river here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                  How would you rate it compared to ISLAND OF THE FISHMEN (aka SCREAMERS)? The following IMDB review has scared me off but the talk of minatures has me wanting to check it out.
                  It has some fans but I personally didn't like it too much. It really needed gore and there's next to nothing. Not unless you watch the Screamers version.

And I like other Martino films like Torso, Mountain of the Cannibal God, and 2019: After the Fall of New York.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

UHD upgrade coming from Severin in May.

https://severinfilms.com/collections...sive-slipcover

“AN UNDISCOVERED GEM… It blends the tropes of JAWS ripoffs, the Italian cannibal genre and Irwin Allen disaster films with non-stop carnage.” Acidemic

THE WORLDWIDE UHD PREMIERE WITH 2+ HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES!

Director Sergio Martino (ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK) combines a monster reptile with an all-star EuroCult cast for one of the most outrageously entertaining Italian Jungle Carnage movies of them all, now in UHD for the first time ever: At the opening of a tropical resort, a photographer (Claudio Cassinelli of SLAVE OF THE CANNIBAL GOD), an anthropologist (Barbara Bach of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME) and an arrogant hotelier (Mel Ferrer of EATEN ALIVE!) are besieged by hostile natives, obnoxious tourists and a gargantuan river beast that intends to devour them all. Romano Puppo (ROBOWAR), Richard Johnson (ZOMBIE) and Silvia Collatina (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY) co-star in this “top ten killer alligator/crocodile movie” (JoBlo), co-written by George Eastman (ANTHROPOPHAGOUS), Cesare Frugoni (SPIDER LABYRINTH) and Ernesto Gastaldi (ALMOST HUMAN), newly scanned in 4K from the original negative.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Disc 1: UHD (Feature + Special Features)

• Trailer

Disc 2: Blu-ray (Feature + Special Features)

• Down By The River – Interview With Director Sergio Martino
                    • Minou – Interview With Actress Silvia Collatina
                    • Beware Of The Gator – Interview With Camera Operator Claudio Morabito
                    • Later Alligator – Interview With Production Designer Antonello Geleng
                    • Underwater – Interview With Underwater Camera Operator Gianlorenzo Battaglia
                    • 3 Friends And An Alligator – Discussion With Cinematographer Giancarlo Ferrando, Production Designer Antonello Geleng And Special Effects Supervisor Paolo Ricci
                    • Paradise House: Christianity And The Natural World In THE GREAT ALLIGATOR – Video Essay By Lee Gambin, Author Of Massacred By Mother Nature
                    • Alligator Land – Antonello Geleng Shares Original Production Drawings
                    • Trailer

FEATURE SPECS:

• Aspect Ratio: 2:35:1
                    • Audio: English Mono, Italian Mono
                    • Closed Captions
                    • Subtitles: English
                    • Region: UHD: Region Free, Blu-ray: A
                    • Running Time: 89 minutes
                    • Webstore Exclusive Slipcover
                    • Reversible Wrap

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg