Symptoms coming to Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
    Anybody who ordered the red box directly from MM got theirs yet?
    I just got a shipping notice today.

Comment

My copy arrived on Monday -- 0111/1000. Will pop it in this weekend to check it out!

Comment

My copy is on it's way. I ordered mine from Deep Discount on eBay.
        "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

BFI is streaming Symptoms on their site: http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-...ampaign=buffer
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Has anyone ordered this release of Larraz's STIGMA?

https://www.amazon.com/Stigma-Christ...eywords=stigma
            VHS will never die!

Comment

No but that FAT-W label does a lot of bootlegs so i wouldnt expect good quality. at best it would be taken from a foreign DVD release if one exists? although equally it might also come from a VHS tape.
              Bogart
              Last edited by Bogart; 04-21-2018, 05:39 AM.

Comment

That Stigma release is from a VHS tape. Its watchable, but clearly tape sourced and there's a weird glitch towards the end of the movie where one scene repeats.
                LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                  No but that FAT-W label does a lot of bootlegs so i wouldnt expect good quality. at best it would be taken from a foreign DVD release if one exists? although equally it might also come from a VHS tape.
                  Just to clarify, FAT-W is Films Around The World. They don't really bootleg but put out a number of films that they claim to own but really don't. Code Red has licenced a number of their films (I think VS has done a few also).

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
                    Just to clarify, FAT-W is Films Around The World. They don't really bootleg but put out a number of films that they claim to own but really don't. Code Red has licenced a number of their films (I think VS has done a few also).
                    I see they have "bootlegged" a few of older Code Red releases, like Doom Asylum and Death Promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                      I see they have "bootlegged" a few of older Code Red releases, like Doom Asylum and Death Promise.
                      No, they sold the rights to Code Red but continue to make DVD-Rs of them. Don't know why Code Red doesn't insist that they don't press DVD-Rs while the DVDs are in print but they don't.

Comment

And then there's this Larraz double feature I see that Diabolik is offering...

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/c...ay-all-region/
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                          And then there's this Larraz double feature I see that Diabolik is offering...

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/c...ay-all-region/
                          Check out the Dorado thread, it has issues!
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                            Check out the Dorado thread, it has issues!
                            Thanks for the tip. I haven't even been checking out that thread (I'm an idiot), but I will going forward.
                            VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                              Thanks for the tip. I haven't even been checking out that thread (I'm an idiot), but I will going forward.
                              Lorne I watched this release and the issues in my opinion are not helped from the screengrabs taken with a iphone on a projected screen, (as per what someone posted on the bluray forum) I watched it on my UHD 60 inch screen and thought that the transfers were consistent with what Dorado released prior, Meaning they were taken from theatrical prints so the colors are faded, there are other issues as well but I found them watchable and not too much of distraction considering the rarity of the films. This release if far from perfect but if your interested in seeing Larraz's films I would recommend it. You can't really trust what the fanboys on bluray forums say anyway as I noticed someone said the colors were faded almost sepia, not realizing there are segments in the film that flashback and are shown in sepia :)

Comment

I can post some caps from the disc when I get home from work tonight.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X