Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Modern Danish Cinema Thread: Mads Mikkelsen, Refn, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Modern Danish Cinema Thread: Mads Mikkelsen, Refn, Etc.

All I've seen of his is Hannibal. Interested in other films to check out, especially the Danish/European stuff. All suggestions appreciated!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Even if he plays only supporting parts, I recommend Pusher and Bleeder. Top nothc danish cinema right there. (At least Pusher, but Bleeder has the best scene ever in the history of cinema, the videostore scene for those of you who has seen it)

As for starring roles:
    Jagten / The Hunt is a very nice thriller, that makes one quite uneasy.

Also, After the Wedding, Flame & Citron, A Royal Affair and Flickering lights are films I liked, but these are from the viewpoint "Good for being Scandinavian" which is a slightly different viewpoint then "actually good"
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I have lots of Amazon money so I will look some of these up! Supporting roles are fine. I've seen some pictures and clips from Pusher, looks good. Seems like he's the main character in Pusher II? We actually have the trilogy so I'm looking forward to watching those. I saw a little during my "research" on Bleeder. Sounds like good, intense, messed-up drama. The best kind of drama!
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Just read the description for Jagten/The Hunt. Sounds good. Magnolia put it out, so I will just have to make sure we don't already have it!

I think it's neat that he used to be a dancer. There's a clip of him on YouTube on one of those wacky European variety shows like the one Dolph was in!
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I highly recommend THE SALVATION, a western that will surprise and grip non-western fans too I think. Very violent revenge story that doesn't really blaze a new trail story-wise but is told in a stylish and fast paced manner. And Eva Green damn near steals the film in a non-speaking role. Really good one. I have the IFC blu-ray.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I'm fine with westerns, thanks for the recommendation!
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Just ordered The Hunt, Bleeder and The Salvation.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I like the way you roll, Mrs Jane.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

:up:
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

He has no lines but he was the lead in Nicolas Wending Refn's Valhalla Rising. GREAT Viking/Art House horror film.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

He's in a lot of Viking-type, Nordic-type stuff. I will hold out on all that for now, haha.
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I hope you like THE SALVATION! Looking forward to your thoughts. He's a real badass in that film, plays it with controlled rage and is very charismatic.
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Badass is always a good thing!
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

JAGTEN -- good movie, but very unpleasant. I have no urge to see it again.

Comment

Yes, that was suggested and I ordered it!
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X