Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Modern Danish Cinema Thread: Mads Mikkelsen, Refn, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? Don't know...

Click image for larger version

Name:	00lkD2e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	349645
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Mikael Persbrandt won me over
      No. Worst actor ever. Coked up douche of the highest order, who cannot act worth a damn. But good try.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Ian says you're banned from R!S!P!
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Never will he ban me. He is to polite and well mannered to do such a thing, being Canadian and all.

Comment

I have my dvr set up to record The Salvation tomorrow night on Showtime (I have it free for the weekend).

Bleeder is a fave of mine & I liked Pusher- I'd love to own the Pusher films and Bleeder on bd! V.Rising took a couple of viewings before I fully appreciated it.

Comment

Just watched After the Wedding. Totally not what I expected... thankfully. The story was good, sometimes predictable - sometimes not. Not sure if I watched the trailer, but from the synopsis and the cover I thought it was going to be a romantic comedy which it wasn't. Phew!
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched the first Pusher today and really enjoyed it. Thought the main actor was really good so I'm looking forward to seeing him in Bleeder. Also looking forward to Pusher II since there's more of Mads' character in it.

Ordered Adam's Apple and The Green Butchers. Both are supposed to be pretty good black comedies.
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Pushes is absolutely fantastic. Along with the big lebowski, one of the films I actually bother quoting on a regular basis.

Also, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the videostore scenes in Bleeder.

Comment

We shall see. Looking forward to seeing him in some comedic roles.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                      Just watched After the Wedding. Totally not what I expected... thankfully. The story was good, sometimes predictable - sometimes not. Not sure if I watched the trailer, but from the synopsis and the cover I thought it was going to be a romantic comedy which it wasn't. Phew!
                      Ha! I've never seen the trailer. Definitely not a romantic comedy.

Comment

Ian had the same impression from the cover (I think) because he didn't want to watch it. But when it was on he turned around (from his writing), interested a couple of times.

Hooray for NOT romantic comedies!
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                          Watched the first Pusher today and really enjoyed it. Thought the main actor was really good so I'm looking forward to seeing him in Bleeder. Also looking forward to Pusher II since there's more of Mads' character in it.
                          PUSHER is one of the best of the '90s and still one of Refn's best films. *SPOILER* Love the scene where they try and force one of Frank's customers to rob a bank to pay back his debt. Classic.*END SPOILER* PUSHER II has a different tone. It's really sleazy; it would make a good double-bill with ONLY GOD FORGIVES. You have to watch PART III as well, even though there's no Mads. It's quite possibly the best of the trilogy. It focuses on the character of Milo and it's very, very good.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Yep, looking forward to watching all three. I like movies about people with messed up lives and lots of violence.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched The Green Butchers last night. It was like a more serious take on Sweeney Todd. Less theatrical, more "realistic." Mads seems to do dark comedy well and I also liked the other lead in it, Nikolaj Lie Kaas. I'd watch other stuff of his. I think they might have one or two other movies together.

Any Danish classics, Euro-friends, not Mads related, worth checking out? A mix of action/drama/violence preferred...
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched Open Hearts yesterday. Not the greatest but watchable enough... I think I paid $4 for it. Nikolaj Lie Kaas, from Green Butchers, was also in it and I liked his character a lot. Is he always so angry?! And Mads, from the few movies I've seen so far... why does he have so many affairs?!
                                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                                X