Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	365950

Click image for larger version

Name:	12049314_617417038400944_5102514965035696243_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	365951

Release date is 2/2/16.

No word yet that I've found on specs, extras or subs.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And I stand corrected - some specs:

The Church:

Source.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/The-Church-B...=AN1VRQENFRJN5

*Domestic HD of good quality only digital beta master to existing overseas.

Medieval Northern Italy. Extreme by the Teutonic Knights massacred village that seemed to devil worshipers, erected a church on top of the corpse so that the villagers unexpected revive was decorated with the seal of the secret.

Then after 850 years the modern, Evan was appointed as the new librarian at the church (Thomas Alana) is cause by solving the seal accidentally curiosity and great achievement sincerely, villagers revived to become by the grudge with the devil = Demon, church It begins to hit the tourists visiting.
    While gas priest living in the church (Hugh Ku~ashi) and use's daughter Lotte (Asia Argento) confront the devils in the church that was turned into a shambles of fear, Yuku closing in on the secret of the church -.

[Bonus]
    Original trailer # 1, the original trailer # 2, English Trailer

1989 / Italy / Original title: LA CHIESA / color / main 102 minutes + Bonus about 5 minutes / MPEG4 AVC

[Specifications]
    Video:
    16: 9 [1080p Hi-Def] vista size (main video only) Region A

Audio:
    English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch surround),
    English (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch stereo)
    Subtitles: Japanese subtitles

※ This work is, we have a good quality only digital beta master domestic HD up-conversion for existing abroad. Therefore, ugly scene depending on the scene due to the master, but there is a point where noise such as is occurring, Since these there is no bad on commodity production, please understand.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Sect:

Source.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/La-setta-Blu...=AN1VRQENFRJN5

Michele Soavu~i coach is followed by "Demon 3 / The Church", shocking horror masterpiece that was created raised again teamed up and Dario Argento.
      Starring the real daughter of Janet Leigh, Kelly Curtis. It left a vivid impression as fresh blood Horror Queen, not as good as sister Jamie Lee with the nickname of "scream queen".
      In addition, "Phantom of the Opera (62)", actor Herbert Lom of "Dracula / vampire of Deaborika" has consolidated its side in a profound performance. Horror fans must-see one work is, appeared in HD New Master!

[Bonus]
      The original version trailer, international edition poster & DVD jacket, still gallery (still images)
      1991 / USA / Original title: / Color / main 112 minutes Bonus about 2 minutes / MPEG4 AVC

[Specifications]
      Video:
      16: 9 [1080p Hi-Def] vista size (main video only) Region A

Audio:
      1. English (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch monaural)
      2. Italian (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch surround)
      3. Italian (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch monaural)
      Subtitles: Japanese subtitles
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So THE CHURCH is going to be a SD upscale not true HD? Easy pass.

Comment

Wonder when The Sect will get a really good R1 release.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

I still want a commentary from Soavi. And hopefully the lost footage from The Church to be found.

Great flicks even if The Church is flawed.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The Sect and The Church arrived from Japan today, I've had a quick look at bits of them. As advertised, The Church is an upscale. I don't have a dvd to compare it too, but it looks ok for what it is. Blacks are weak and if you look closely at the edges of things you can see evidence of the upscaling, but detail isn't bad in close-ups. As for The Sect, it is HD but looks to me like it's been scrubbed to remove grain and detail. The blacks are deeper but overall it isn't much better looking than The Church. The opening credits appear to be SD. Probably worth waiting for a cheaper option.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Love that cover for The Sect.
                "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Shameless have announced a DVD and Blu-ray release for The Sect.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cur...ment-sect.html
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's about time. I was beginning to worry about Shameless.

Comment

I wonder what the other film they are announcing on 7th March will be?

Comment

It's gotta be Giallo a Venezia!

Comment

That would be amazing lets hope so

Comment

Kind of obvious, but the other title they (Shameless) are releasing is THE CHURCH on BD/DVD.

Comment

I just watched THE SECT again and it gets better every time I see it. I'm not sure I fully understand it, but it works like a delirious fever dream. I had forgotten about the obsessive rabbit imagery and the references to The Rolling Stones. There's so much imagination in it; the blue stuff in the fish tank, the rabbit watching TV (and changing the channels!), the cloth that wraps itself around people's faces (this reminded me of DRAG ME TO HELL), Herbert Lom's character calling the protaganist on the phone after he's died and on and on and on; it's endlessly creative. Great use of "A Horse With No Name" over the opening credits, too. I love the scene near the end where the dying guy who just crashed his car is about to be executed, and sees his chance for revenge.... classic Soavi.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X