Jess Franco's "Sinner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess Franco's "Sinner"

Haven't watched it yet, hopefully Wednesday. Anyone else seen it yet? Thoughts? So looking forward to some good mid-70s Franco. I saw so much so quickly and now there's not much left! :(
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I've got a full review for this done and just need to do screen caps before posting it. Initially after watching it I liked it but didn't think so much of it. After letting it sit for a bit though, the more I think about this movie the more I like it. There's quite a bit more going on with this one than just random nudity and pretty naked ladies getting it on. That's a big part of it, as it should be, but there's a really interesting psychological side to it that isn't initially obvious.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

how old is it and does Lena lose her pants?

Comment

Lina's not in it.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

shit spelled her name wrong. Sorry! I recently got Mansion of the Living Dead. She's right at the cusp on that one.

Comment

I am one of the few people who will champion Mansion of the Living Dead. That one just works for me.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh I dig Mansion. I just think that may have been her swan song, naked wise.

Comment

80s Lina over 70s Lina? Insanity.

Sinner was decent. Quite obviously during Franco's transition from trash to smut. It was interesting to see some different faces as well as (of course!) Howard Vernon... always a riot. I think I saw a blond Monica Swinn in the background cast as a non-speaking extra (though they did focus on her at one point) a few years before she had more prominent roles in his films.

More old Franco needs to find its way to DVD...
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I didnt say that! Isn't a swan song like the last hurrah? That's what I was trying to say. It's the best she's looked as she got older. For me, she looked best in Doriana Gray and Downtown.

Comment

Doriana Gray is, in my opinion, her finest moment.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Alison, what are your mid 70's Franco faves? I've seen BARBED WIRE DOLLS, DEMONIAC. LA COMTESSE PERVERSE, still need to see WANDA/GRETA/ILSA THE WICKED/MAD BUTCH WARDEN......is the Image EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN not worth seeing due to its "Clothed" nature? Definitely want to check out LORNA when it finally arrives.

Comment

Doriana Grey, Female Vampire, Barbed Wire Dolls and Wicked Warden are my favorite Lina/Jess flicks. Aside from that, Women in Cellblock 9 is my favorite non-Lina film of his.
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Doriana Gray is, in my opinion, her finest moment.
                            I personally think that Rolls Royce Baby just edges it out.
                            Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

Comment

And I can't really fault you for that.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X