No announcement yet.

TENEBRAE from Synapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synapse also fixed a whole bunch of scratch repair artifacts that were unfortunately baked into the master (Kentai points out the most egregious one at the top of his post here) but if those didn't bother you before then I doubt the new transfer would represent a massive upgrade.

Comment

If I had to guess, the bare bones Demons probably hurt sales of the Demons steelbooks. They will probably announced barebones releases of the Argento's after the whole series is out, and sold out, and probably a while after.
      EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

I received the Synapse Tenebrae, and cross compared it with the Arrow. There isnt a great deal in it to be honest, so if you missed out on the L.E. I wouldn't worry too much. Seeing as the Arrow version can be had for £6 at certain UK stores and the Synapse cost in excess of £30* its a no brainer really.

*unless you get off on the feel of cold steel in your hands, really NEED the English text inserts, think the soundtrack CD is worth £20 by itself, or LOVE Callum Waddel
        Bogart
        Last edited by Bogart; 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Isn't the Arrow blu Region B? For people who don't have an all-region player the Synapse disc is the only way to go.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacDonald View Post
            If I had to guess, the bare bones Demons probably hurt sales of the Demons steelbooks. They will probably announced barebones releases of the Argento's after the whole series is out, and sold out, and probably a while after.
            I hope you're right.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              Isn't the Arrow blu Region B? For people who don't have an all-region player the Synapse disc is the only way to go.
              Yes, its Region B.

Comment

region free players are cheap these days, anyone that is a big movie fan needs one, because you can pick and choose from the best release from anywhere in the world, not talking about just this release, but for any release, such as the 100th anniversary release of Birth of a Nation, or just take your choice, there are many many releases that another region release might be better or it might be the only region a certain movie is available in, or the other region release might be much cheaper in, I can't tell you how much money I've saved by having a region free player, I get some movies so much cheaper from other regions, a region free player will pay for itself quickly.

Comment

The problem is, I paid big bucks for my player. It's a Cambridge Audio azur 752BD and it cost $1200. It plays all-region DVDs but I learned the hard way that it doesn't play all-region blus (I bought the expensive British version of FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL; at least it had a great-looking DVD included).

In all honesty, I'm trying to stop buying so many movies, so if I had access to all-region blus, I'd probably go nuts again. The one I really want is SEASON FOR ASSASSINS, because the DVD version included in the package doesn't have English subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    The problem is, I paid big bucks for my player. It's a Cambridge Audio azur 752BD and it cost $1200.
                    Wow I'm almost afraid to ask but I am curious, what is it plugged into?
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                      Wow I'm almost afraid to ask but I am curious, what is it plugged into?
                      Nothing too fancy, actually; I've got a Panasonic SA-HE70 receiver with custom-built speakers and my TV is a 42" LG (I like this size because it's not too big to make my DVDs look like crap).

Comment

From FB:

SYNAPSE FILMS ANNOUNCES THE SINGLE-DISC RELEASE OF TENEBRAE, DARIO ARGENTO'S GIALLO MASTERPIECE, ON BLU-RAY AND DVD SEPTEMBER 13th

Italian terror master Dario Argento elevates the Giallo genre to new heights with 1982's TENEBRAE, a darkly humorous, futuristic and notoriously grisly horror film many consider to be one of his finest works.

American mystery author Peter Neal (Anthony Franciosa) comes to Italy to promote his newest novel, TENEBRAE. Unfortunately, a razor-wielding serial killer is on the loose, taunting Neal and murdering those around him in gruesome fashion just like the character in his novel. As the mystery surrounding the killings spirals out of control, Neal investigates the crimes on his own, leading to a mind-bending, genre-twisting conclusion that will leave you breathless!

Following its successful limited edition Steelbookâ„¢ release earlier this year, Synapse Films is thrilled to bring this legendary Italian horror classic into wide release. Featuring an amazing synth-music score from Claudio Simonetti, Fabio Pignatelli and Massimo Morante (formerly of Italian progressive-rock band, Goblin), this all-new 1080p high-definition TENEBRAE release was created from the original uncut camera negative. Also stars John Saxon (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET), Daria Nicolodi (Dario Argento's PHENOMENA) and John Steiner (CALIGULA).

RAZOR-SHARP BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
                        - All-new Synapse Films supervised color correction and restoration of a 1080p scan from the original camera negative, presented in the original aspect ratio of 1.85:1
                        - Dual English and Italian language options with newly-translated English subtitle tracks for both
                        - Audio commentary track featuring film critic and Argento scholar, Maitland McDonagh
                        - Rare high-definition 1080p English sequence insert shots, playable within the film via Seamless Branching
                        - Feature-length documentary, YELLOW FEVER: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE GIALLO by High Rising Productions, chronicling the Giallo film genre from its beginnings as early 20th century crime fiction, to its later influences on the modern slasher film genre.
                        - Original UNSANE (U.S. version of TENEBRAE) end credits sequence
                        - Alternate opening credits sequence
                        - Theatrical trailers

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
                        - All-new Synapse Films supervised color correction and restoration from the original camera negative, presented in the original aspect ratio of 1.85:1
                        - Dual English and Italian language options with newly-translated English subtitle tracks for both
                        - Audio commentary track featuring film critic and Argento scholar, Maitland McDonagh
                        - International theatrical trailer

BLU-RAY SPECIFICATIONS
                        Video: High-Definition 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1) Presentation / AVC Codec
                        Audio: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Mono / DTS-HD MA Italian 2.0 Mono
                        Subtitles: English
                        REGION: A
                        SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $34.95

DVD SPECIFICATIONS
                        Video: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Presentation / NTSC
                        Audio: Dolby Digital English 2.0 Mono / Dolby Digital Italian 2.0 Mono
                        Subtitles: English
                        REGION: 1
                        SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $24.95

These single disc releases of TENEBRAE are indeed different from the Limited Edition Steelbook release that was available exclusively from our website and is close to sold out. The single disc versions of TENEBRAE do not come in the collectible Steelbook packaging, are not dual-format, and do not contain the CD soundtrack or the collectible color booklet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13567315_1293362634025072_4509103266609734197_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	350782
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The steelbook was worth it to me for the soundtrack CD, but it is really shitty lying to your customers by saying that a regular release wasn't going to happen.

Comment

Well I got suckered. should be a criminal offence to flat out lie to achieve sales of your product really.

Comment

That's uncool. Glad I held off.

Comment

The one issue I have with Synapse's Blus is that they are all just 1080 scans of the film. Considering the image quality improvements from a 4k or even 2k-to-1080 master, not to mention that 4k discs are coming out now, it just seems a total waste of an opportunity to make the highest possible quality masters and therefore a better Blu ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X