Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Severin Films With The Sinful Dwarf Blu-ray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Severin Films With The Sinful Dwarf Blu-ray!

They put this out on FB this morning...

"We're having another go at trying to find anyone who worked on THE SINFUL DWARF or at least knew anyone who worked on it, in order to include them on the Blu-ray. The production of the mother of all Dwarfsploitation movies is something of a mystery. Most of the cast and crew used pseudonyms only credited in this one flick but a couple turned up in other stuff, including the star Torben Bille. Torben passed away some years ago but someone must still be around who knew him. We have a couple of soft leads but anyone who has any info please PM us."

Figure it can't hurt to post it here... just in case!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

the sinful dwarf on blu ray? Severin keeps making me happy :) First Barbara Steele Triple Feature today, and now I find out sinful dwarfs in XXX action will soon be on my blu ray player.

Comment

"Trail of Torben: This is US distributor Harry Novak and the guy who sold him THE SINFUL DWARF (& CYNTHIA'S SISTER), Jim Stevens. Stevens was either British or American and had an office in Monte Carlo and worked with a couple called James and Jewell Caldwell. He drove an Aston Martin. We know little else about him."

Click image for larger version

Name:	11895958_10155995743275038_9080877593523035864_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	348914

Severin truly are doing the Lord's work.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think maybe the people who made this flick would prefer to remain anonymous on the whole

Comment

Hey! Haven't posted here for 10 years or so but now that you're talking about THE SINFUL DWARF... :gory:

I'm in Denmark and I posted about THE SINFUL DWARF aka DVí†RGEN on my blog when Another World Entertainment put out the original Danish/Scandinavina DVD. Someone in Denmark wrote to me in 2009 and said they knew Jette Koplev who played one of the girls that are locked up in the film. He told me a little bit about her present life. I thought about doing an interview with her for my fanzine STAY SICK! but I could not for the life of me get him to give me her address or a phone number. And also, although I liked the film I wasn't an expert. So eventually I sent the info to Mads Jensen who at the time worked for AWE and who did the incisive booklet for the Danish 2-disk DVD. You might wanna try and ask Mads if he ever found out any more. I remember he got in contact with the guy. He's on facebook.

PS: thanks to Mciver on the heads-up about this thread.
          Jack J
          Last edited by Jack J; 08-19-2015, 06:51 PM.
          2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Hey Jack, good to see you back here.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jack - if you can ask that guy you know if he's still in touch with her, Severin would be VERY interested to get anything they could re: contact info.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hi Ian. Thanks. Good to be back. ^_^

They ought to get in touch with him in any case. From memory he had a wealth of knowledge about the film.

Comment

Another update. I'm fascinated watching all of this play out. They're definitely trying!

"On the trail of Torben: Perhaps the most prolific star of THE SINFUL DWARF is Jane Cutter, Torben's first victim in the film, better known as Jette Koplev. She starred in a lot of Danish adult loops and magazine photospreads in the 70s. There's an old article we found in the Vintage Erotica Forums which detailed her specific talents but I fear facebook may not see the educational merit in our publishing it here. Anyone know what became of Ms. Koplev? We heard today that as of 2009 she was still living in Denmark."

Name:	11889648_10155999115675038_4633226361202510641_n.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	348918

Name:	11896069_10155999116730038_3402198501581669396_n.jpg
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	348919

Name:	11887876_10155999116725038_3515291947086871726_n.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	348920

Name:	11033717_10155999120050038_2688237923804059507_n.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	348921
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'll try and dig out the correspondence I had with that guy who knew her in 2009.

Comment

They just posted this on FB....

"On the trail of Torben! Anyone in or near Copenhagen who could shoot an interview for us? Actually the location would be 80 miles south of Copenhagen. Please PM us if so."
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I didn't buy the film on dvd but I'll pick it up on bd. I had the film on vhs & remember it being a rather sleazy viewing.

Comment

Very sleazy viewing indeed. I remember taking a shower after watching it for the first time :)

Comment

Coming 2/23/16...

Name:	The-Sinful-Dwarf_Blu-key-art.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	349672

NOW EVEN MORE DEPRAVED ON BLU-RAY!

For a VERY limited time only Severin Films will make available 3000 copies of THE SINFUL DWARF on Blu-Ray. The disc will include TWO versions of the film, plus bonus feature film from its infamous producers, the ultra-rare, THE BLUE BALLOON, scanned at 2k, plus a host of other exclusive extras! Attached is the newly commissioned key art by Wes Benscotter.

Upon its restored DVD release in 2009, it was hailed as “deliciously sordid” (Mr. Skin), “the stuff of lewd legend” (PopMatters) and “a masterpiece of depravity” (Cinefantastique Online). But was there any possible way “the most amazing dirty dwarf movie ever made” (Mondo Digital) could be even more amazingly filthy? Severin Films is now unconscionably proud to present both the hard and soft versions of THE SINFUL DWARF along with all-new extras including a nightmare-inducing hardcore short starring former kiddie-show host and pint-sized pervert Torben Bille himself. Experience “the mother of all Dwarfsploitation films” (The Daily Grindhouse) like never before, remastered from materials recently seized in a Roskilde vice raid!

Full Specs:
                            THE DWARF - Strong International Version
                            THE ABDUCTED BRIDE - Alternate US Release Version
                            The Harry Novak Story - Featurette On The Sultan Of Sexploitation With American Grindhouse Director Elijah Drenner
                            THE BLUE BALLOON - 1973 Feature Film, Never Before Released On Any Home Video Format
                            THE HOTTEST SHOW IN TOWN - Excerpt From Torben Bille Sex Film
                            The Search For Torben - Featurette On Effort To Find Cast/Crew From THE SINFUL DWARF
                            The Severin Controversy - Featurette On The Lasting Effects Of THE SINFUL DWARF
                            Trailers, TV Spot, Radio Spot
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's a far better release than I ever expected The Sinful Dwarf to receive. The inclusion of The Blue Balloon really skyrockets the filth quotient of the release as well - while the nastiness of Dwarf is leavened by some sly humour, Balloon is a brutal roughie through and through. Never thought I'd see it get a Blu-Ray release from a company like Severin. It's a bit disingenuous to say it's never had a home video release, I'm pretty sure both Alpha Blue and After Hours have had it out at various points, but this'll be the first uncut release that I'm aware of.

Nice that both versions of the film are included as well, back when they used to put out the XXX cuts as seperate releases it was frustrating trying to guess which which version you'd enjoy more when making your purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              X