Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Releases Black Cats-Martino & Fulci's Your Vice Is A Locked Room/The Black Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releases Black Cats-Martino & Fulci's Your Vice Is A Locked Room/The Black Cat

NEW UK/US TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: EDGAR ALLAN POE'S BLACK CATS: TWO ADAPTATIONS BY SERGIO MARTINO & LUCIO FULCI DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD

Two adaptations of the classic Poe story from two of Italy's finest genre filmmakers.

Pre-order your UK copy here: http://bit.ly/1fnCfOR
    North American pre-orders links should be live soon!

UK Release Date: 12th October 2015
    US Release Date: 13th October 2015
    Region: A/B+1/2

Edgar Allan Poe's celebrated story The Black Cat has provided the inspiration for numerous films over the years. But few adaptations are as stylish as those offered up by the twin Italian titans of terror, Sergio Martino and Lucio Fulci.

In Martino's classic giallo Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, teacher Oliviero (Luigi Pistilli, A Bay of Blood) finds himself under suspicion for murder when one of his students - and mistress - is found brutally murdered. As more bodies start to pile up, the arrival of Oliviero's attractive niece (Edwige Fenech, Five Dolls for an August Moon, All the Colours of the Dark) brings with it complications of its own.

In The Black Cat, from that “other” Godfather of Gore, Lucio Fulci (Zombie), Scotland Yard Inspector Gorley (David Warbeck, The Beyond) find himself summoned to a sleepy English village to investigate the recent murder of a young couple. With no obvious signs of entry at the murder scene, Gorley is forced to start considering the possibility that his suspect may not be human…

Finally together on Blu-ray and in stunning new 2K restorations from the original camera negatives, fans can enjoy the double-dose of terror that is Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats - Italian-style!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

-Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives
    -High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    -Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
    -Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
    -Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
    -Brand new interview with director Sergio Martino
    -Dolls of Flesh and Blood: The Gialli of Sergio Martino - a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring Sergio Martino's unique contributions to the giallo genre
    -Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror - The Films of Lucio Fulci, on The Black Cat
    -Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
    -Limited Edition 80-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the films, Poe's original story and more, illustrated with archive stills and posters
    -Much more to be announced!

Click image for larger version

Name:	11698788_1009567899077204_7676341577835688255_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	365756
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oooh! Interesting pairing.

I haven't seen THE BLACK CAT in a decade or more!
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Odd. I'll need to split these up on my shelves!

Comment

I'm hoping Arrow get hold of THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TAIL at some point.

Comment

It does seem an odd pairing, but I'm definately picking this up.

Comment

I like Fulci's THE BLACK CAT quite a bit so will, most likely, pick this up. I think I may have sold the NoShame dvd for "Your Vice..."; will have to double-check.

Comment

I'll likely order this, but all these limited editions, man. One of the guys that works for Arrow (and seemingly posts on every fucking forum) defends them by saying it gets people to buy right away, which I can see, but if your slate consists of 4 out of 6 releases being limited (and 3 of the 4 limited editions being expensive multi-film sets) it seems counter productive, and, frankly, a shitty thing to do to your fans.

Comment

While I like Fulci's Black Cat I'm not so hot on the other film.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Fulci's Black Cat is a pretty underrated flick. Logically it doesn't make a lot of sense but it plays out if you expect something along the lines of an oldschool gothic horror with some modern gore.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                    I'm hoping Arrow get hold of THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TAIL at some point.
                    Yeah, that's one I'd like to see as well. That and MRS. WARDH. Easily my two favorite Martino gialli.

I'll pick this release up too though, not a huge fan of the Fulci but it's certainly not a bad film. YOUR VICE...is quite good.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                      Dude,

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                        da fuck is wrong with you???

btw glad I'm not the only one who thinks fulcis "black cat" is watchable.

Comment

New street date is 10/27/15.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

*** EDGAR ALLAN POE'S BLACK CATS - FINAL SPECS ***

Here are the full details for our upcoming release, which can be pre-ordered here: http://bit.ly/1OG5JG3

Edgar Allan Poe's celebrated story “The Black Cat” has provided the inspiration for numerous films over the years. But few adaptations have been as stylish as those offered up by those two titans of Italian terror, Sergio Martino and Lucio Fulci.

In Martino's classic giallo Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, teacher Oliviero (Luigi Pistilli, A Bay of Blood) finds himself ensnared in a web of intrigue when one of his students - and mistress - is found brutally murdered. In The Black Cat, from Zombie Flesh Eaters director Lucio Fulci, Inspector Gorley (David Warbeck, The Beyond) finds himself summoned to a sleepy English village where a series of bizarre murders have taken place.

With both films here making their worldwide Blu-ray debut in stunning new 2K restorations, fans can now enjoy the double-dose of terror that is Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats - Italian-style!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Limited Edition boxed-set (3000 copies) containing Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key and The Black Cat • Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations • Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays) • Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks • Limited Edition 80-page booklet containing new articles on the films, Lucio Fulci's last ever interview and a reprint of Poe's original story

YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY

• Through the Keyhole - a brand new interview with director Sergio Martino • Unveiling the Vice - making-of retrospective featuring interviews with Martino, star Edwige Fenech and screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi • Dolls of Flesh and Blood: The Gialli of Sergio Martino - a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring the director's unique contributions to the giallo genre • The Strange Vices of Ms. Fenech - film historian Justin Harries on the Your Vice actress' prolific career • Eli Roth on Your Vice and the genius of Martino • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin

THE BLACK CAT

• Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker and Fangoria editor Chris Alexander • Poe into Fulci: The Spirit of Perverseness - film historian Stephen Thrower on Fulci's Poe-tinged classic • In the Paw-Prints of the Black Cat - a look at the original Black Cat locations • Frightened Dagmar - a brand new career interview with actress Dagmar Lassander • At Home with David Warbeck - an archive interview with The Black Cat star • Original Theatrical Trailer • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I dig both films a lot but could care less about limited booklets and what not. I'll wait for the single releases.
                              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                              X