No announcement yet.

Arrow Releasing Deep Red (4k Remaster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Deep Red (4k Remaster)

Release Date: 5th October 2015
    Format: Blu-ray
    Starring: David Hemmings, Daria Nicolodi, Gabriele Lavia
    Directed by: Dario Argento

Synopsis:

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE REALLY SCARED!!!?

From Dario Argento, maestro of the macabre and the man behind some the greatest excursions in Italian horror (Suspiria, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage), comes Deep Red - arguably the ultimate giallo movie.

One night, musician Marcus Daly (David Hemmings, Blow Up), looking up from the street below, witnesses the brutal axe murder of a woman in her apartment. Racing to the scene, Marcus just manages to miss the perpetrator… or does he? As he takes on the role of amateur sleuth, Marcus finds himself ensnared in a bizarre web of murder and mystery where nothing is what it seems…

Aided by a throbbing score from regular Argento-collaborators Goblin, Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso and The Hatchet Murders) is a hallucinatory fever dream of a giallo punctuated by some of the most astonishing set-pieces the sub-genre has to offer.

3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of two versions of the film
    Fully illustrated packaging by Gilles Vranckx, to be revealed
    Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film
    Soundtrack CD
    Postcards

DEEP RED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 1)

Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised by cinematographer Luciano Tovoli (Suspiria, Tenebrae) and approved by Dario Argento [127 mins]
    English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
    Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
    Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
    Profondo Giallo - An in-depth look at Dario Argento's early films and the road to Deep Red
    Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento's Deep Genius - the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
    Lady in Red - Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
    Music to Murder For! - Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
    Rosso From Celluloid to Shop - a Tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
    Italian Trailer

DEEP RED:THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 2) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

High Definition Blu-Ray (1080p) presentation of the International Version [105 mins]
    US Theatrical Trailer

PROFONDO ROSSO: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING (CD DISC 3) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

28-track CD featuring the entire film score from Italian progressive rock band Goblin and composer Giorgio Gaslini, exclusive to this edition

DETAILS:

RRP: £24.99 £17.99
    Region: B
    Rating: 18
    Cat No: FCD1166
    Duration: 127 mins (DIRECTOR'S CUT) 105 mins (INTERNATIONAL CUT)
    Language: Italian/English
    Subtitles: English/English SDH
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
    Audio: TBC
    Discs: 3
    Colour

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJZsqM4WoAQiHPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	365755
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'll hang onto my BU disc....the last Arrow release had a pretty glaring glitch.
    Mark Tolch
    Last edited by Mark Tolch; 07-08-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
      I'll hang onto my BU disc....the last Arrow release had a pretty glaring glitch.
      You've got to remember that Deep red was one of Arrow's earliest blu releases, where the scans were completed by that Italian company who had planty of scanner noise on their transfers. this was all pre James "BFI" White coming on board. Arrow have moved on leaps and bounds since then, so I have every faith in their 4k scan. Less faith in the international cut as that could be the same older transfer.
      Lalala76
      Last edited by Lalala76; 07-08-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
        You've got to remember that Deep red was one of Arrow's earliest blu releases, where the scans were completed by that Italian company who had planty of scanner noise on their transfers. this was all pre James "BFI" White coming on board. Arrow have moved on leaps and bounds since then, so I have every faith in their 4k scan. Less faith in the international cut as that could be the same older transfer.
        Fair enough, I've bought a couple of Arrow discs since the early days/travesties as well, and they've been great....just saying, the BU blu looked great and was glitch free, and I'm good hanging onto that one for a bit.

Comment

The BU Blu looks like complete ass (sold it immediately as the constant and extremely distracting white pulsating flicker across the image gave me a severe headache) so I'll definitely keep my eyes on how this new release turns out.
          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
            The BU Blu looks like complete ass (sold it immediately as the constant and extremely distracting white pulsating flicker across the image gave me a severe headache) so I'll definitely keep my eyes on how this new release turns out.
            Believe it or not, the Blue Underground release of Deep red looks a hell of a sight better than the original Arrow transfer. I'm putting a lot of trust in this new 4k scan of Arrows. Better not let me down!

Comment

Damn.

***DEEP RED RELEASE DATE UPDATE + SPECS AND ARTWORK REVEAL***
              As you may already be aware, we've been working on the new 4K restoration for this title. Sadly this work has been hit with a few delays. These delay comes from various factors including re-cutting the short version from the 4K master. With this in mind, this title will now be released on December 7th. On a more positive note, we are pleased to finally reveal the brand new art by Gilles Vranckx and the full specs which are as follows:

3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of two versions of the film
              - Original Italian Mono audio
              - English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
              - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
              - Limited Edition soundtrack CD
              - 6 x postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
              - Double-sided fold-out poster featuring two original artworks
              - Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
              - Limited Edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film and an archive piece by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

DEEP RED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 1)

- Brand new 4k restoration from the original negative [127 mins]
              - Audio Commentary with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
              - Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
              - Profondo Giallo - a brand new visual essay from Michael Mackenzie offering an in-depth look at Dario Argento's early films and the road to Deep Red
              - Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento's Deep Genius - the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
              - Lady in Red - Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
              - Music to Murder For! - Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
              - Rosso From Celluloid to Shop - a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
              - Italian Trailer

DEEP RED:THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY DISC 2) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- Brand new 4k restoration of the International Version [105 mins]
              - US Theatrical Trailer

PROFONDO ROSSO: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING (CD DISC 3) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- 28-track CD featuring the entire Deep Red film score from Italian progressive rock band Goblin and composer Giorgio Gaslini

Click image for larger version

Name:	12020005_1057448490955811_4908787152889046572_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	349175
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                Different strokes and all of that, but I can honestly say that I noticed no flickering whatsoever.

Comment

Holy shit, I was going to totally pass on this but that looks like a gorgeous set. I also like that they're including the international cut - the longer one drags for me (still watch the AWE DVD most often for this reason). I've been satisfied with the BU BD too, but that is gonna seriously tempt me.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

That black cover is way cooler.

None more black.

Comment

The fact they are now doing a 4K scan of the International Cut as a Limited Edition exclusive means I will definitely go for this set now.

Comment

I see that it's Region B so does anyone know if Synapse have Deep Red for the U.S.? If so, I'll wait. If not, then I'll definitely pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                          I see that it's Region B so does anyone know if Synapse have Deep Red for the U.S.? If so, I'll wait. If not, then I'll definitely pick it up.
                          Blue Underground have DEEP RED in the US.

Comment

Pushed back to 12/7/15.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

According to FB this is about 75% sold out.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X