Coming later this year from Indicator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4518f729-c5b6-4f96-ab63-95ca840ec6a6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	357751
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I have to wonder about the print of I, Monster. I love the film, but the print used for the US dvd wasn't all that great.
      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
        I have to wonder about the print of I, Monster. I love the film, but the print used for the US dvd wasn't all that great.
        I'm pretty sure Indicator have licensed this from Studio Canal, so should be in safe hands

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
          I'm pretty sure Indicator have licensed this from Studio Canal, so should be in safe hands
          & region locked like the 5th Hammer set.

Comment

Indicator are working on a release of The Beast Must Die due 6/29.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've Pre ordered it. Going to be seriously pissed off if it isn't better than the Severin.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Indicator is releasing I,Monster.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...s/i-monster-le
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also it looks like Severin is reissuing The Beast Must Die.

"A superior 35mm pre-print element of THE BEAST MUST DIE was recently unearthed in France and made available to us. On the previous Amicus box exclusive only an old HD telecine was available of the censored TV version and the censored scenes were scanned from a 16mm print and inserted. The newly available superior element was scanned in 4k and fully restored by Studio Canal in France. Available to pre-order starting June 26th at severin-films.com."

Name:	102418056_10163915993465038_6827985134467455646_o.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	358427

Name:	103447086_10163915993225038_4928180955249200792_n.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	358428
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Also it looks like Severin is reissuing The Beast Must Die.

"A superior 35mm pre-print element of THE BEAST MUST DIE was recently unearthed in France and made available to us. On the previous Amicus box exclusive only an old HD telecine was available of the censored TV version and the censored scenes were scanned from a 16mm print and inserted. The newly available superior element was scanned in 4k and fully restored by Studio Canal in France. Available to pre-order starting June 26th at severin-films.com."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25064[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25065[/ATTACH]
                    It'll be exactly the same print as the Indicator one.

Comment

From FB...

Name:	106102838_2766633526773834_332713746213960299_o.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	358508

In 2015 our first film license was DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORROR. Even today, this special edition is still one of the most elaborate and, with over 6 hours of bonus material, one of the most extensive editions in our portfolio.
                      Freddie Francis Amicus production is one of the best horror anthologies of all times. The film was cast prominently and presents you Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Donald Sutherland, Michael Gough, Bernard Lee and many more.

This year the film celebrates its 55th anniversary and we thought it would be a good idea to give it an upgrade. Curtain up for the SPECIAL REMASTERED 2020 EDITION!

What is new?

1. you get to see a 30 second longer version with the original ending. We only had this as a bonus on our disc. The Pinewood restoration at that time had simply "forgotten" this scene.

2. the 4K master had an enormous yellowish tinge, which was never planned. We tried to remove this tinge and present the film to you as a 1965 film should look like. We took care not to make it worse.

3. the English audio track had a sound bug in episode 3 when Christopher Lee screams. The scream was hardly audible. Now the scream is back the way it should be.

4. the German TV synchro had the wrong pitch. We have corrected this too.

Apart from that we offer you the same package like 2015. Our edition is considered to be the most extensive and almost complete edition regarding bonus material. Over 6 hours of extras, over 200 pictures, interviews, trailers, audio commentaries etc.

For us it is certainly the most important film in our portfolio, because it was the beginning of everything!

DR. TEROOR'S HOUSE OF HORROR - 2020 REMASTERED EDITION will be released on July 31st, 2020 everywhere in stores. If you want to support us directly, then order it directly from our shop at www.wicked-shop.com.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's a Kickstarter campaign coming soon to get a new Amicus film made.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-horror-movie

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

AMICUS PRODUCTIONS RISES FROM THE GRAVE!!

After decades in the shadows, the legendary Amicus Productions is set for a grand revival thanks to the team at Hex Studios. Their upcoming film, 'In the Grip of Terror', seeks to honor the classic studio's legacy while forging a new chapter in British horror.
                          Drawing inspiration from iconic films like 'Dr. Terror's House of Horrors' (1965), 'Tales from the Crypt' (1972), and 'Asylum' (1972), the new portmanteau feature will spotlight four tales rooted in the works of revered authors such as H.P. Lovecraft, Ambrose Bierce, and E.F Benson. With a central theme of medical macabre, the film promises to be a chilling experience. While the full cast list is under wraps, it will feature UK horror stalwarts like Laurence R. Harvey (Human Centipede II) and emerging stars Megan Tremethick (Ghost Crew) Jonathan Hansler (The Devil's Machine) and Michael Daviot (Revenge of Innsmouth).

Guiding the ambitious resurrection is the new president of Amicus Productions, Lawrie Brewster, known for 'The Unkindness of Ravens' (2016), 'The Devil's Machine' (2019), and 'Ghost Crew' (2022). Alongside him is his business partner, writer/producer Sarah Daly. Their efforts come after extensive di
                          alogues and collaboration with the family of Amicus founder Milton Subotsky, who have wholeheartedly endorsed this venture.
                          But the aspirations of Brewster and team stretch beyond a single film. They are calling upon classic horror aficionados to be part of this cinematic rebirth. A crowdfunding campaign, set to kick off in mid-September, will facilitate the initial stages of the project, driving set construction, original practical effects creation, and talent acquisition. Fans can get a head start by registering for updates on the Amicus Pre-Launch Campaign Page.

Brewster expressed his enthusiasm, stating, "Our aim is to re-establish Amicus Productions as a beacon of independent British horror. We're concocting a film that captures the essence and panache that rendered the studio iconic. By emphasizing atmospheric storytelling, tangible effects, and a genuine respect for the genre, our vision is to teleport audiences back to British horror's golden epoch. This venture transcends mere studio revival—it's a renaissance of passion, tribute to a rich legacy, and a testament to indie cinema's prowess."

Brewster also delved into the deep-rooted involvement of the Subotsky family in the project. "The title 'In the Grip of Terror' was generously shared with me by Sergei Subotsky, derived from a list of potential titles his late father, Milton Subotsky, had curated decades ago. It feels profoundly fitting that we're expanding upon the imaginative groundwork set by such a visionary. What's even more fascinating is that three of the four stories we're adapting were suggested by Milton's widow and Sergei's mother, Dr. Fiona Subotsky.'"

For continuous updates, follow Hex Studios on @LawrieBrewster on Twitter or at the "British Horror Studio" Facebook Group. Media inquiries can be directed to Lawrie Brewster, lawriebrewster@hexmedia.tv

Campaign Link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-horror-movie

Twitter : https://twitter.com/LawrieBrewster

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/britishhorrorstudio
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X