Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severin Films Bringing Nightmare Castle, Castle Of Blood & More To Blu-ray In August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin Films Bringing Nightmare Castle, Castle Of Blood & More To Blu-ray In August!

No details.... just this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	11350559_10155775890500038_6113947219156256174_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	365729

So yeah... Nightmare Castle AND Castle Of Blood AND Terror Creatures From The Grave.

That's pretty awesome news.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wonder if the bonus features will also be in HD?
    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

this is going to be an awesome release, but I hope it's not all on one blu ray, because 3 films on one blu ray will kind of suck if they force 3 full HD films on one disc. But I will wait and see on this because the films themselves are great films.

Comment

I'm slightly embarrassed to be answering my own question but Severin have confirmed that all three films will be blu. I don't think they've indicated so far whether this will be a single or multi-disk package.

Comment

"HD but scanned in 2k from US release prints" so they're saying.

Was the US release of Terror Creatures cut? I can't remember...
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

ah this is kind of lame, I remember the European prints having some risque scenes with Barbara Steele at least of one of the films if I remember correctly, and we all KNOW we need all the Barbara we can get damn it!

Comment

I'd like to see them release the Italian cuts AND the US versions on individual discs, along with any alternate scenes from European versions, sadly it doesn't look like this will happen, probably licencing and budget put a stop to this, damn shame!

Comment

And.... kaboom!

Barbara Steele Gothic Horror Classic

NIGHTMARE CASTLE

Blu-Ray Debut From Severin

Restored In HD From The Original Negative With All-New Extras Plus TWO More Full Length Features Starring The Queen Of Horror!

Los Angeles, 6/25/15 - Severin Films today announced the global Blu-Ray premiere of NIGHTMARE CASTLE starring the Queen of gothic horror, Barbara Steele (BLACK SUNDAY). The stunning HD presentation will be accompanied by an incredible array of extras including a brand new audio commentary with Ms. Steele and horror historian David Del Valle and the first HD presentations of TWO more classic Barbara Steele shockers -- newly scanned in 2k from rare US release prints: Antonio Margheriti's CASTLE OF BLOOD and Massimo Pupillo's TERROR CREATURES FROM THE GRAVE. The release date for this deluxe package is set for August 18th, 2015.

NIGHTMARE CASTLE: At the height of her career as the dark goddess of Italian horror, Steele delivered two of her most memorable performances in this tale of obsession, madness and depravity. Steele stars as a cheating wife who is chained, whipped and tortured to death by her sadistic scientist husband, and as her unstable blonde stepsister whose fate may be even more ghastly. Directed by Mario Caiano (NOSFERATU IN VENICE), featuring stunning black & white cinematography by Enzo Barboni (DJANGO) and the very first horror score by the legendary Ennio Morricone.

Full List Of Special Features:
                -Exclusive New Audio Commentary With Star Barbara Steele and Horror Historian David Del Valle
                -Barbara Steele In Conversation Featurette
                -Interview Featurette With Director Mario Caiano
                -BONUS FEATURE: CASTLE OF BLOOD 2k Scan Of Rare US 35mm Release Print
                -BONUS FEATURE: TERROR CREATURES FROM THE GRAVE 2k Scan Of Rare US 35mm Release Print
                -Terror Creatures Featurette With Director Massimo Pupillo, Actor Riccardo Garrone and Film Historian Fabio Melelli (In Italian with Optional English Subs)
                -Terror Creatures Deleted Scenes (In French with Optional English Subs)
                -Trailers
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	NC1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	348488

Name:	NC2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	348489
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

commentary with Barbara Steele, yeah I'm gonna buy this haha

Comment

The pre-order price indicates they're going to squeeze all three films onto one disk, so I'm going to wait for reviews of this.

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
                        The pre-order price indicates they're going to squeeze all three films onto one disk, so I'm going to wait for reviews of this.
                        Think i will as well, i notice they haven't specified Italian audio for 'Nightmare Castle', which is a shame. I think i'll stick to my custom subbed torrents for the other two, shame Arrow never got these!

Comment

This just posted on the Severin FB page:

"Just got eleventh hour word that we can include an exclusive CASTLE OF BLOOD featurette on the Barbara Steele disc which includes an interview with the late, great Antonio Margheriti."
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Severin are offering copies signed by Barbara Steele for pre-order on their website.

https://severin-films.com/shop/night...arbara-steele/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

$45.00?
                              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X