Irreversible on blu ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    It's what's stopped me from buying it, and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM. I just don't know that I need to watch it again.
    Funny you should say that. I bought a Korean blu-ray collector's edition of Requiem for a dream a few years ago. I've never felt the need to open it, once I had bought it.
    Lalala76
    Last edited by Lalala76; 01-14-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I find Requiem for a Dream quite fun, simply because it's so OTT I can't take it seriously. Plus it's technique is dizzying.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
        It's such a grim film, but that looks like a great release. I might just finally revist this.
        I agree. I wish someone would give Ozon's 5x2 a similar release in the UK with the alternate 2x5 version on BD. The 2x5 version is ONLY available in 1:33:1 with NO Subs on French 2 disc DVD which is annoying.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	irr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	359363
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	irr.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	359502
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Final specs:

Comment

I enjoy that Indicator are using the Irreversible font style for their logo on this release:

Name:	indicator.jpg
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	359768

Comment

A few years back, I found that someone had created a downloadable font in this style for easy everyday use. I made up a flyer for my band at the time for some of our SXSW showcases.

Name:	swswposterresize.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	359769

Comment

Irreversible: Straight Cut is getting a theatrical run at least here in NYC.

https://www.ifccenter.com/films/irre...-straight-cut/

"Some 20 years after his stylish, sexually frank and not for the faint of heart Irreversible took the Cannes Film Festival by storm, the iconoclastic Noé (Vortex) returns with a “Straight Cut” of his dark masterpiece. Undoing the original film’s reverse chronology, this reconfigured vision allows events to unfold in the order in which they occur, providing new context for pivotal scenes of brutality and the subsequent quest for revenge. Noé’s astonishing new cut provides an opportunity to see his wrenching account of humanity at its worst from another angle, and the unshakable understanding that time, indeed, reveals all things."
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Altered Innocence are putting out both cuts on Blu-ray soon.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collecti...s/irreversible
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I pre-ordered it. This is probably going to sell fast.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          The UK Indicator release has over 200 mins of extras NOT in the US release including the following:

Audio commentary by director Gaspar Noé (2003)
                          "NFT50 Q&A with Monica Bellucci, Vincent Cassel and Gaspar Noé: Conducted by Hannah McGill at the National Film Theatre, London on 11 October 2002" 2002 audio interview (49:07)
                          "The BFI Masterclass with Gaspar Noé: Conducted by David Cox at London's BFI Southbank on 16 October 2009" 2009 audio interview (90:06)
                          Deleted Scene (0:37)
                          Irreversible Image Gallery: Original Promotional Material (46 images)
                          The extras on the US release are in the UK Indicator BD release.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Did it even make it a day? I'm glad I saw your post since I was able to score a copy. I'm kinda nervous to see this. I love Bellucci and have heard this is tough watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post

Did it even make it a day? I'm glad I saw your post since I was able to score a copy. I'm kinda nervous to see this. I love Bellucci and have heard this is tough watch.
                              Definitely watch the original cut first.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post

I saw it theatrically and without spoiling things, I've never seen more people walkout of a theater than I did during 'the scene.'
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X