Irreversible on blu ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irreversible on blu ray?

I was wondering if anyone knows if any companies are planning to release the 2002 film Irreversible on blu ray anywhere in the world, as I have a region free blu ray player, of course I would need a English friendly release. I have not seen the film, but have meant to for years, and I just today looked to see if it was available on Blu ray, and it seems it's not, but I thought I'd see if anyone knows if any blu ray release is upcoming? This film is a pretty well known film I think, so I am kind of surprised it's not on blu ray while much less obscure films are. I did a little research on the US Lions Gate DVD and it seems it's a PAL transfer that is not time corrected, so it's not the option I'd most want if a blu ray is imminent. But if not I might just go with the DVD.

Only blu release i know of was the Australian release from last year...

Review here...http://dscast.weebly.com/reviews/irr...blu-ray-review

Comment

Anyone know where you can buy this? I looked on Diabolikdvd and they don't have it, and I looked on the website for the company that released the blu ray and their shopping section is not working anymore, and I looked on amazon australia and they don't show it. Anyone know where you can pick up this blu ray and have it shipped to America? Or preferably an online store in America that sells it.

Comment

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...rsible/563479/

Although it says awaiting stock, you might try contacting them 1st before ordering.

Never bought from this place but they have it in stock
        http://www.dvdorchard.com.au/201937/...ble-on-blu-ray
        John Bernhard
        Last edited by John Bernhard; 06-18-2015, 07:02 PM.
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was wondering about a bd for Irreversible a few nights ago. I have a small poster for it on my wall. I haven't watched the film in years but I'd upgrade. I think it would look really nice.

I have a friend in Paris who knows Noe & made him a compilation video of rape scenes from exploitation movies as prep for Irreversible.

The one time I've been to Paris, I was taken down into one of those dark tunnels underneath the street. I remember walking down stairs into pitch blackness then having to feel along the wall to the other side.

Comment

AVOID!!! My copy has just arrived, it's 1080i looks like a dvd upscale, except my dvd doesn't have those jerky movements. Damn wish i'd waited for reviews, someone needs to do this film properly, as well as 'I Stand Alone' [and the prequel short 'Carne'].

The blu ray also does not contain the Gaspar Noe commentary present on the Canadian dvd.....shoddy!

Comment

I hate when blu ray companies release crap quality stuff and just call it a blu ray just to rip off the consumer and make a fast buck.

Comment

So the 'straight cut' played at the Venice International Film Festival in August.

Looks like there's a Blu-ray coming in 2020 that will include the original version and this new one as well.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So this is going back to theaters in France in 2 weeks...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gasper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	358697
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    So the 'straight cut' played at the Venice International Film Festival in August.

Looks like there's a Blu-ray coming in 2020 that will include the original version and this new one as well.

They Gaspar Noe missed a pun here by not calling it Reversible, similar to the french DVD release of Franí§ois Ozon 5x2 which has a reverse version called 2 x 5.

Comment

Indicator Teasing Irreversible. I'm sure they'll include BOTH versions & include tons of extras as they always give their releases the best package possible.

From Twitter:

Coming soon...

Comment

Irreversible (2002)

Indicator's first Foreign Language film release.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

4K restoration supervised by writer-director Gaspar Noé
                        Two versions of the film: the 2002 Theatrical Cut (98 mins); and the 2020 Straight Cut, which re-orders the narrative into a linear chronology (90 mins)
                        Original 5.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo audio tracks
                        Audio commentary by Gaspar Noé on the Theatrical Cut (2003)
                        The Irreversible Odyssey (2019): retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Gaspar Noé, actors Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel, and others
                        SFX (2003): visual effects supervisor Rodolphe Chabrier discusses his team's work on the film
                        Original theatrical trailer
                        2020 Straight Cut trailer
                        Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
                        New and improved English subtitles
                        Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Anna Bogutskaya, archival interviews and articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
                        UK premiere on Blu-ray
                        Limited edition of 5,000 copies

Region B

Comment

It's such a grim film, but that looks like a great release. I might just finally revist this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                            It's such a grim film, but that looks like a great release. I might just finally revist this.
                            It's what's stopped me from buying it, and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM. I just don't know that I need to watch it again.

Comment

I haven't seen this in years. I listen to the soundtrack a lot after it once randomly popped up on my mp3 player. There are some films that I like, but I never feel the urge to re-watch. I'm scratching my head as to why it needs a linear cut, seems to defeat the object. I might get the eventual standard edition.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X