Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Argento's doing Dracula 3-D? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Argento's doing Dracula 3-D? (Merged)

According to Fango he is, and in 3-D, and with Rutger Hauer playing Van Helsing.

I don't care about vampires and I don't care about 3-D and I barely care about Argento since he's decided to make stinky movies but I do care about Rutger Hauer playing Van Helsing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Will Adrien Brody be Dracula? I reckon if Johnny Depp's playing Barnabas Collins...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
      Will Adrien Brody be Dracula?
      I hope not, but it wouldn't honestly surprise me.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was just joshin'. D'ya reckon Brody would work with Argento again after not getting paid last time (not Argento's fault, but hey...)? Who knows, maybe he might bring Julian Sands out of retirement...or whatever DTV rock he's been hiding under (nope, checked Wikipedia and he's not dead). Hahaha...can you imagine Sands as Dracula? Maybe he could get Billy Idol or Vanilla Ice to play Dracula?

Comment

I honestly have no idea who I'd want to see in the part. Hauer as Van Helsing is a great choice though.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pshaw, he's no Hugh Jackman. How are they going to top THAT Van Helsing?

Kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
              Maybe he could get Billy Idol or Vanilla Ice to play Dracula?
              Billy sounds good, but I'd be the first dude in line if Vanilla played Drac.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                Pshaw, he's no Hugh Jackman. How are they going to top THAT Van Helsing?
                Maybe Argento can get Hugh to play Dracula? That'd sure top it...

Comment

I want Udo Kier to play Dracula in this. That'd be rad.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Udo Kier is the best Dracula ever. ^_^
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I honestly think he'd be a great choice and seeing him and Hauer together (in eye popping 3-D!) would be pretty cool.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

An elderly, slightly demented Henry Silva would be perfect. Or John Saxon.

Seniors gotta eat too you know.

Comment

I really hope that Argento is going to avoid filling this picture with cheap looking CGI, as that is what kills these modern gothic horror films. If he can go for an "old fashioned" approach I can see him pulling this off. It's always great to see Hauer.

Comment

Originally posted by John Gargo View Post
                            I really hope that Argento is going to avoid filling this picture with cheap looking CGI, as that is what kills these modern gothic horror films.
                            Agreed. And he won't. I'm quite confident it'll be full of bad computer generated effects. My gut tells me so. I'd love to be wrong.

Horace, good call on Silva, I don't know that Saxon would work though. He's too much of a good guy in my book.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              I'm quite confident it'll be full of bad computer generated effects. My gut tells me so. I'd love to be wrong.
                              The pessimist in me kind of agrees with you, but perhaps Argento was listening to all the criticisms of his MOTHER OF TEARS and will take a more restrained approach this time around. One can hope...

Comment

Working...
                              X