No announcement yet.

Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best source for TENDER AND PERVERSE EMMANUELLE (1973) on DVD?

Any suggestions?
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• The German X-Rated edition is the (only?) one to plump for, Richard. I think it's OOP though.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it's the only legit release. I've seen bootlegs/DVD-Rs around and such - the X-rated edition was a limited edition wasn't it?

There's a fairly mysterious DVD from 'Telesales' available on Amazon but it's $40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ognitrespon-20
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watched Barbed Wire Dolls yesterday for the first time in a few years.

Random Barbed Wire Dolls ramblings:

-the slow motion scene in which Jess and Lina are stumbling around moving very slowly with the camera running at regular speed is amazingly awful and great.
          -Monica Swinn looks rather pained with that monical jammed into her eye for most of the movie.
          -the prisoners NEVER need pants. Ever.
          -Eric Falk looks jamming sticks where they don't belong. He also stands at attention with bizarre enthusiasm when Swinn or anyone of authority enters.
          -Again, Franco has managed to get a great location to make this fairly terrible movie into something more interesting than it should have been.
          -The two red headed ladies that Lina winds up sharing the cell with are unusually leathery.
          -Someone should have shaved Paul Mueller's back before his sex scene. Or not put him in a sex scene.
          -Martine Stedil should have made more movies.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I'm pretty sure it's the only legit release. I've seen bootlegs/DVD-Rs around and such - the X-rated edition was a limited edition wasn't it?

There's a fairly mysterious DVD from 'Telesales' available on Amazon but it's $40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ognitrespon-20

Do you have the X-Rated Kult limited edition, Ian?
            I'll trade you a couple of extra witchcraft histories I have laying around here for a decent clone.
            "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
            - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• This may have already been discussed, if so sorry for the double post, but I just came across this comment from Severin Films' Carl Daft:

We've even got some top-secret new Jess Franco releases coming, too. Severin is back and better than ever!
              No idea what those might be, but sounds promising...

Comment

• Hooray for Severin going back to the well!

Richard, I'll get back to you. I don't think I have the X-rated release but my memory is fuzzy.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• More Franco news...

In a response to another query on Facebook, Redemption revealed that they're working on tracking down alternate versions of Oasis of the Zombies for a forthcoming release...

Comment

• Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
                    More Franco news...

In a response to another query on Facebook, Redemption revealed that they're working on tracking down alternate versions of Oasis of the Zombies for a forthcoming release...
                    Huh. I didn't even know that there was one. Interesting.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Random FRANCO Ramblings...

God I want FACELESS on Blu. I'd be wiling to rip someone's face off to get that done.

Comment

• I still haven't seen Faceless, and I remember the hearty recommendation you gave it Horace, I need to rectify that. I think the R1 DVD is still available..

Consider me VERY curious to see what Severin has in store.

Comment

• Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Ehren - FACELESS is so far up your alley it's parked in your colon.

Comment

• Over at Blu-ray.com they have a story about Severin, their new distributor (a lot of that going around, again), and their plans for BDs. Looks like those Frano releases will be in Hi-Def! I'd love it if they got the rights to some of Blue Underground Franco releases like the EUGENIE films, VENUS IN FURS and SADOMANIA. Or something completely new would be great too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                              so far up your alley it's parked in your colon.
                              I am 100% stealing this phrase.

Comment

• I wonder if it might be MACUMBA SEXUAL or EUGENIE DE SADE, would love them on BR.

Comment

Working...
                                X