Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Manfred Mann's entire Venus in Furs soundtrack can be found on this compilation. Starts on track 22.
    Thanks Tom! That's very interesting. I always hoped that this soundtrack gets a release. And it's even available on LP & CD. However they obviously used the M&E (music & effects) track of the movie. They even include the archive tracks by Sid Dale (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgkHn_PixA), Bruno Nicolai, Keith Mansfield and Stu Phillips without credit (probably because they didn't know it better). That's a bit disappointing, as it would have been fascinating to hear the unedited studio tracks (I'm afraid now these might no longer exist). But it's better than nothing.
    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 09-27-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• The revised edition of Murderous Passions is now available for pre-order.

http://strangeattractor.co.uk/shoppe...vised-edition/
      https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
        there is only 1 version of One Side of the Mirror that is the Jess Franco preferred version, that's the only one I'd care about seeing, that company that owns it can keep the other 2 versions. Some of these companies read the internet too much, and think Jess Franco dvd's or blu rays are selling like 2 million copies or something, get real, yeah I'd like to see the movie, but I'll still live a full life and make it without a dvd release, some of these rights owners think that people HAVE to have these movies, it's like the damn cable companies, I got rid of them a couple years ago, and fuck them, gives me more money, and they never show anything I care about anyhow. Okay rant over.
        You have to watch the VHS.

I have the Artus DVD release and seem to recall the Spanish version has all the nudity intact, ( not the original Spanish edit )
        so I don't think Jess's preferred cut ever got a release outside of VHS.

That said, I have no interest in the film without the nudity at this point,
        and the Italian & French versions have their good points.

And no way anyone would release a Blu with only 1 variant on it.

I think the lack of any English language track hurts it's chances of getting a solid release, which is a shame as it's one of his best films.
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I can dig wanting the version with the nudity lol, I have been hoping for a long time for all of Jess Franco's movies to come out on DVD or Blu Ray, well at least his films up to Killer Barby's. I love Jess Franco's films, but I must admit when he went to videotape instead of film, his films didn't interest me. Well except the ones where Lina Romay was still busting out her boobs lol

Comment

I can dig wanting the version with the nudity lol, I have been hoping for a long time for all of Jess Franco's movies to come out on DVD or Blu Ray, well at least his films up to Killer Barby's. I love Jess Franco's films, but I must admit when he went to videotape instead of film, his films didn't interest me. Well except the ones where Lina Romay was still busting out her boobs lol
            The only ones that I found tolerable after the dreaded video switch were Tender Flesh, Lust for Frankenstein and Snakewoman. Other than that, the few I saw were really hard to get through.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• There was actually one shot on video one I remember liking now that I remember liking a little, and it was Killer Barby's VS. Dracula, it was not like a great film or anything, but it was entertaining at least and I can say I didn't hate it or anything, but still it was one I did enjoy enough to buy again if I come across it in the video store.

Comment

There was actually one shot on video one I remember liking now that I remember liking a little, and it was Killer Barby's VS. Dracula, it was not like a great film or anything, but it was entertaining at least and I can say I didn't hate it or anything, but still it was one I did enjoy enough to buy again if I come across it in the video store.
                Can't say I've seen that one. Did you find it better or worse than Killer Barbys from 1996?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                  Can't say I've seen that one. Did you find it better or worse than Killer Barbys from 1996?
                  I would say the original Killer Barby's From 1996 was better than Killer Barbys VS Dracula, but Killer Barbys VS. Dracula, was still a film I liked watching. I have not seen Snakewoman, which I want to pick up one day, but I think it's out of print, it has Antonio Mayans, and I like him as an actor, is Lina Romay in it?

Comment

I would say the original Killer Barby's From 1996 was better than Killer Barbys VS Dracula, but Killer Barbys VS. Dracula, was still a film I liked watching. I have not seen Snakewoman, which I want to pick up one day, but I think it's out of print, it has Antonio Mayans, and I like him as an actor, is Lina Romay in it?
                    Yeah she's in it, if I remember correctly. I found it the best of his video movies by a pretty far margin.

Comment

• You know even though Jess Franco's shot on video films were not all that good, I was glad he never stopped making movies. Most movie makers would have quit with all the difficulties he was having with budgets, and his health, but he didn't give in. I mean he even got Linnea Quigley and Michelle Bauer in one of his shot on video movies, and I remember that one being okay, but that one might have been shot on film come to think of it, but he had a perverted mind lol, which translated into some good films lol.

Comment

• Thrower's 2nd Franco book for peanuts @ Amazon for now

https://www.amazon.com/Flowers-Perve.../dp/190722260X
                        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Ooooh, thanks for the heads-up! I feel kind of guilty getting it so cheaply, but I had figured it would always be too expensive for me (particularly given how steep international shipping costs are getting).

Comment

• A revised edition of Murderous Passions (i.e. vol 1) is available for pre-order, so don't buy one of those $500 copies of the original on eBay or Amazon.

"Unparalleled in scope and ambition, this revised and updated edition of Murderous Passions contains eighty more pages of images, many in colour."

https://strangeattractor.greedbag.co...s-new-edition/
                            mjeon
                            Last edited by mjeon; 10-29-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone shed any light on what this is?

http://videociak.net/customer/produc...QVjm9sVW1HAZJQ

Thank you.

Comment

• an extra 80 pages in the 1st volume of the Franco books? I was going to pick it up anyhow, but knowing that makes me happy to know it will be not an exact copy of the one I used to have, I hope it gets listed on amazon for sale I mean it already past late October, so I am assuming it has been released? Or was it delayed? Anyhow will be buying it and can't wait to get it, I really am enjoying the Stephen Thrower book on Lucio Fulci, I am reading right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X