Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random FRANCO Ramblings...

My favorites, in no particular order (as it changes based on the mood I'm in)...

1. Doriana Grey
    2. Ilsa - Wicked Warden
    3. Female Vampire
    4. Women in Cellblock 9
    5. Barbed Wire Dolls
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

No love for Venus in Furs? That's my absolute fave of all his films. I think I must go back and watch all of my VIP discs again...

Comment

I've never actually seen Venus In Furs. There are a lot of his films that I haven't seen. I'm so interested in his 73-78 films I don't often care about much outside of those years. Ian keeps telling me I need to see that one though.
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

And for the record, eroticism is always Franco's intent.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I agree with the first three, haven't seen the other two yet on your list.

1. Doriana Grey
          2. Ilsa - Wicked Warden
          3. Female Vampire
          4. Downtown
          5. Mansion of the Living Dead

and I ordered Lorna the Exorcist and looking forward to watching that one. The man makes awesome sleaze and uses swanky jazz in way that speaks to me.

Comment

Haha, check out Paula-Paula if you dig the jazz scores.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
              Mansion of the Living Dead
              This one is really dumb but I love it too. It's just got loads of atmosphere, enough so that you don't notice the absence of plot so much.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

We can watch Franco the weekend Todd is here if RIJ allows it...
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Mansion of the Living Dead also features a really cool location. There must be dozens of those "almost abandoned" holiday resorts all over Europe...

Comment

Yeah, it's just really well put together from a visual stand point. The locations are killer.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

When it started, I thought I'd hate it -- after a short while, the location and atmosphere won me over, so I ended up really liking it. But not as much as Macumba Sexual...or the much hated by many, but loved by me, Voodoo Passion.

Comment

Voodoo Passion??? Why do people hate that???

Maybe I should give Mansion another shot. I hated it the first time around and couldn't make it through it...
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                          Voodoo Passion??? Why do people hate that???
                          I have no idea. But you often see the film lumped in with Franco's worst or, to use that overused quote, "lesser" films. I think it's awesome, and the leading actresses are all stunning. Plus! It has a nifty little political spin at the end. ;)

Comment

Karine Gambier is awesome.... she's also in Cellblock 9 which is one of my favorites and my only non-Lina favorite. She was also in Gefangen Frauen (aka Caged Women) which is amazing and deserves a thread of its own.

That's what we should make Todd watch.

That and Mad Foxes. We can make it an all out Eric Falk weekend!
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I'm hip to it. I love watching this stuff with other people, and never get to. I'd say no one I know likes such flicks, but the truth is, it's me they don't like. It's true, ask Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X