Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stinty View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on what this is?

http://videociak.net/customer/produc...QVjm9sVW1HAZJQ

Thank you.
    An Italian release of The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus.
    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• That cover art is pretty boss.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I was watching the FACELESS DVD last night and was very pissed when the picture froze up at around 12:00 and would only start playing again around 16:00. Fucking Shriek Show! It's hard to keep track of all of their defective releases. I love this movie and it needs a better release.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Sybil Danning and Chris Alexander mention Jess Franco on THE PANTHER SQUAD blu-ray commentary track. It starts around 8:00. I think he gets mentioned a few more times as well. I was busy with it playing in the background. Chris asks if Jess was involved and Sybil said she didn't see him. She mentions that she wanted to work with Jess but her agent said that he couldn't afford her. I do enjoy Sybil's contributions to her film's releases. She's an interesting lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              I was watching the FACELESS DVD last night and was very pissed when the picture froze up at around 12:00 and would only start playing again around 16:00. Fucking Shriek Show! It's hard to keep track of all of their defective releases. I love this movie and it needs a better release.
              That was the last good one. I'm sure that's been said here before though. A Blu-ray would be nice, haven't seen it in forever.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Honestly not just putting this up here for the sake of self-promotion or anything, but as I've finally bit the bullet and started posting here, I thought some of you might be interested in this set of Franco location photos I took whilst visiting the Ricardo Bofill buildings in Calpe in southern Spain a few years ago:

https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot...tion-tour.html

It's a trip I remember fondly, especially in this year of enforced no-holidays. I took a folder of printed off screengrabs with me so that I could try to match up shots as closely as possible, and got some pretty good 'then & now' comparisons I hope. I'm not much of a photographer, so just 'point and snap' stuff really, but I hope some fans might get something out of it. It was certainly pretty eerie heading down to the shore to find the same rocks where Soledad stands mourning her dead husband in 'She Killed in Ecstacy', and to find the dining room where Howard Vernon and Alice Arno enjoy their cannibal feast in 'Countess Perverse' reduced to ruins...

I'd been planning to follow this up in 2020 with a visit to Cascais in Portugal (along with a slightly less glamorous 'These are the Damned' location tour to Weymouth in Dorest), but sadly those are off the menu for the time being.
                https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Good stuff!
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• You did a really good job of matching up the shots from the movies!
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                      I'd been planning to follow this up in 2020 with a visit to Cascais in Portugal (along with a slightly less glamorous 'These are the Damned' location tour to Weymouth in Dorest), but sadly those are off the menu for the time being.
                      Off topic, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts on The Shuttered Room. I have a soft spot for that film as I've drunk in the Shipwright's Arms at Oare Creek a few times over the years. Giant fucking rats there!

I went to Weymouth five years ago, there's still a lot recognisable from The Damned. Plus good fish and chips.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Thanks so much - really glad you enjoyed my writing on 'The Shuttered Room'. And yeah, it's the distinctive locations that really help make that movie work. Would be nice to see it get a bit more love and/or a re-release.

And yes, aside from all the other bad things it has wrought, I'm especially sad that the pandemic led to my annual trip to the seaside getting cancelled. :( Hopefully Weymouth and Portland Bill will still be there when things are, ahem, "back to normal".
                        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Having finally gotten around to seeing Kino's release of Neurosis I must say I found it a little more involving that when I first watched it entitled as Revenge in the House of Usher some years back. It's a complete mishmash of three different filming dates (1982, 1984, 1988) and shows it. Certainly not prime Franco, but worth another watch and Tim Lucas' commentary is good as always. A real shame the workprint that's been recently found of most of the 1984 version couldn't be included.
                          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                            Having finally gotten around to seeing Kino's release of Neurosis I must say I found it a little more involving that when I first watched it entitled as Revenge in the House of Usher some years back. It's a complete mishmash of three different filming dates (1982, 1984, 1988) and shows it. Certainly not prime Franco, but worth another watch and Tim Lucas' commentary is good as always. A real shame the workprint that's been recently found of most of the 1984 version couldn't be included.
                            Hopefully someone releases it in an english friendly release in Europe.

Comment

• Excited (and more than a bit nervous to be perfectly honesty) to share this piece that I recently wrote that Diabolique Magazine was kind enough to host centered on the still controversial, final, digital period of Franco's work. As the title suggests, this isn't meant to be a surgical dissection of every film from '99 to '12, but rather an overview of what I personally felt were some key titles and why I feel this era is critical to the Franco story as a whole and with the benefit of hindsight becomes even more admirable. Hope you get something out of it.

https://diaboliquemagazine.com/dr-fr...Uci8iyMm6IEt3c
                              LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Working...
                              X