No announcement yet.

Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have thought thse titles would appeal almost exclusively to collectors, and with high def masters already in existence, it seems doubly curious that someone would choose to release in standard def.
    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Melonfarmers indicates this is the previous version released in the uk, but all cuts waived. But its the softcore version or Erotic version if you will. Its not the hardcore version at all. I wish Screenbound would start to get their facts right.
      Lalala76
      Last edited by Lalala76; 01-25-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• And will this release have the usually removed shot from the old Benelux video, or will it be the same version release as redemption US. Anyone know?

Comment

• Full Moon presents
          The 8th Release from The Jess Franco Collection
          WOMEN IN CELLBLOCK 9
          Franco's notorious women-in-prison shocker comes to DVD, Amazon and Full Moon Streaming, totally remastered and uncut!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cellblock9Wrap2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	351942

From the fevered, wonderfully perverted minds of Spanish filmmaker Jess Franco and Swiss producer Erwin C. Dietrich (JACK THE RIPPER) comes the notorious women-in-prison shocker WOMEN IN CELLBLOCK 9 (aka Frauen fí¼r Zellenblock 9 and Tropical Inferno). The controversial film (it was and remains banned in the U.K.) stars Franco regulars Susan Hemingway, Howard Vernon and Karine Gambier and tells the tale of a gaggle of female freedom-fighters who are taken to a secluded women's jungle prison where they endure all manner of violent and sexual humiliations.

Like all of the productions in the prolific Franco/Dietrich collaborative cannon (most of which are represented in Full Moon's limited edition Jess Franco DVD Collection), WOMEN IN CELLBLOCK 9 is a visually lush, erotic and explicit exploitation masterwork, armed with exotic locations, weird performances and a great, dreamy score by composer Walter Baumgartner.

Full Moon is proud to present this revered Jess Franco classic in a digitally remastered and restored and completely uncut transfer struck directly from Dietrich's own archival negative. Not for the easily offended (but what Franco film is?), WOMEN IN CELLBLOCK 9 is an essential trash movie gem not to be missed!
          WOMEN IN CELLBLOCK 9 is available on Special Edition DVD on February 21, for rental or purchase on the Full Moon Amazon Channel and via Full Moon Streaming beginning February 8.

Extras on the DVD include:
          *Franco, Bloody Franco: An Interview with Jess Franco (Spanish with English Subtitles)
          *Vintage Jess Franco Trailer Reel
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• That one girl looks like Paul Stanley. I don't remember Paul Stanley being in this...
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Unlike Paul Stanley, I hope she's only bald in the right places...
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Coming in March from Umbrella in Australia.

Name:	jess.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	351975

Name:	jess2.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	351976
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A nice starter package for Franco newbies. I like the cover, they should keep it. Rosalba's back looks great.

Comment

• DVD set?

( rolls over and goes back to napping )
                    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Super disappointed with Redemption's DR. ORLOFF'S MONSTER BD.

Despite bearing the French title, this is not the same as what Image released on DVD 15 years ago.
                      In fact this Blu runs a good 5 minutes shorter, and brutally censors the strip and first attack sequence, and then completely omits the 2nd attack sequence.
                      Seems someone has completely screwed this release up, Tim Lucas did a commentary but fails to even mention this glaring difference, but takes the time to pat himself on the back and refer to himself as a "franco authority".

A major swing and a miss for Redemption's line of Franco's, delivering the most underwhelming 'upgrade' to date.

Comment

• Blah! I don't have the old Image DVD and had actually never seen this one before watching the Redemption Blu-ray. I was fine with the movie was it was presented but now knowing it's cut.... Blah! And I did spin Lucas' commentary as I typically find him quite interesting and you're right, I've no recollection of him mentioning any cuts to the picture.

Blah!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I didn't order this one, and will not order it now that I know it's edited, I only buy blu rays when they are definitive releases of films, and a film missing 5 minutes is far from definitive, I have the old Image DVD, guess it'll have to do me until someone releases a uncut blu ray, which probably will never happen, oh well it's not like I am dying for a blu ray of this film lol

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                            Super disappointed with Redemption's DR. ORLOFF'S MONSTER BD.

Despite bearing the French title, this is not the same as what Image released on DVD 15 years ago.
                            In fact this Blu runs a good 5 minutes shorter, and brutally censors the strip and first attack sequence, and then completely omits the 2nd attack sequence.
                            Seems someone has completely screwed this release up, Tim Lucas did a commentary but fails to even mention this glaring difference, but takes the time to pat himself on the back and refer to himself as a "franco authority".

A major swing and a miss for Redemption's line of Franco's, delivering the most underwhelming 'upgrade' to date.
                            Thanks for the information, John. I was going to order this when I could afford to, but I'll hang on to the Image DVD release instead, I think :)
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Image quality alone is disappointing, but not much you can do there, it is what it is.
                              But the missing footage is weird. It was removed from this source at some point, and it's omission on Blu is either intentional or a blunder.

Lucas pointedly avoids the issue in my view.
                              He mentions the longer Spanish version and mentions a version that uses some of the footage we seen in the outtakes.
                              He clearly is not ignorant of the film and it's variants,
                              and knows the French version is supposed to have these scenes included, yet deliberately skirts the issue.

I'd guess he didn't want to bad mouth the release on the commentary.

Burned by yet another pre order!

Comment

• I brought this up on Facebook a couple of days ago. It struck me as being odd after 40 minutes that the second murder was nowhere to be found. So I dug up my old Image dvd and yup, there was the killing in the area of 30 to 40 minutes in. Then I listened to the commentary of the blu ray and there was no mention of it there. So we have different versions of the film.

This wasn't as upsetting to me as the pq of Awful Dr Orlof but it is old getting fucked when buying a Franco blu ray. I've thought about picking up Baron Von Klaus and Virgin Among The Living Dead but I'm really hesitant to do that now.
                                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Working...
                                X