No announcement yet.

Random FRANCO Ramblings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a bunch of Full Moon-ies getting excited about these DVD's, and are claiming they are getting turned on to Franco through them. I guess it's a positive.
    EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by stinty View Post
      As its getting a UK release, one would imagine its the soft cut, the running time of 79 mins leads me to believe that its the hard one. Then again the box cover says 119 mins, but I would guess this is a mis-printing of 1hr 19 mins (its not the final artwork I guess).

I have the ascot release on blu though, so I will be sticking with that.
      Who's releasing this in the UK & is it DVD or BD? I can't find any info on it.
      fatboyslim142
      Last edited by fatboyslim142; 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
        Who's releasing this in the UK & is it DVD or BD? I can't find any info on it.
        My mistake, I was for some reason thinking of Full Moon as a UK company, which they obviously are not.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted already here: https://www.kisskissbankbank.com/de/...imited-edition

Might be of interest to some...

Comment

• Screenbound in the Uk are releasing Female Vampire, Exorcism and Oasis of the Zombies.

Female Vampire will be know as Bare Breasted Countess. Interestingly Martin Glew at Screenbound believes this to be the hardcore version that has just been passed by the BBFC. If this is true (and I still have major doubts) then this will be the first time this cut has had an official English lang/subbed release ever.

Comment

• It's possibly the proper (shot at the time by Franco) version with the brief bj which has always been missing from the Kino and Image discs as opposed to the hideous hardcore version with the non matching inserts. If the former I'll upgrade.
              agent999
              Last edited by agent999; 01-24-2017, 10:52 AM.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• The new bbfc listing is 96:24 which is actually 4 seconds shorter (but that may have inluded the Redemption logo on the US versions). The after the fact hardcore inserts version is about 105 minutes if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Yeah, I raised the running time with Screenbound and my opinion is that he (Martin) is confusing the harcore version with the erotic version as my bet is that he hasn't seen either before. After all, The erotic version is pretty graphic to begin with which may come across as being hardcore on first viewing.

Comment

• Weren't these 3 the initial Redemption Blu's?
                    It would be cool if there is a new source or transfer but not holding my breath.
                    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                      Weren't these 3 the initial Redemption Blu's?
                      It would be cool if there is a new source or transfer but not holding my breath.
                      The X Rated Demoniac/Exorcism Blu Ray looks far better than the Redemption one so it would be nice if they used that.
                      agent999
                      Last edited by agent999; 01-24-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        It's possibly the proper (shot at the time by Franco) version with the brief bj which has always been missing from the Kino and Image discs as opposed to the hideous hardcore version with the non matching inserts.
                        I was just scrolling down the page and about to post the exact same thing, agent999, till I saw that you'd beat me to it: I'd imagine this is almost certainly the cut of the film with the very brief moment in which Romay takes the penis in her mouth. I can't imagine the BBFC passing the h/c cut for 18. (The h/c inserts are pretty ugly and jarring anyway, so whilst it's worth owning for a Franco fan, it's not my 'go to' version of the film.)

Did the Redemption Blu-ray include the brief shot of fellatio that was missing on the Image disc? I can't recall. I remember when Channel 4 showed the film on British telly in 1998 or 1999, and included that shot. I was quite surprised they got away with that.
                        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          The X Rated Demoniac/Exorcism Blu Ray looks far better than the Redemption one so it would be nice if they used that.
                          Yes it does, much better.

I would love it if someone could release Sexorcisme or Sadist in full. Both these are legitimate alternate versions. Seemed a real wasted opportunity when X-rated released that great but flawed mediabook.

BTW it must be noted that Screenbound are going dvd only with these Franco releases hence why I posted here and not the Franco Blu-ray thread. Another reason why if Female vampire turns out to be the same old same old, I wont be buying. Unless of course it is the hardcore version. Its not great, and some would argue throwaway but would be nice or completists to have an English subbed version. Screenbound are still adamant that this is the hardcore version in fact 99% sure but that runtime says otherwise. X-rated released the hardcore version that ran approx. 110 mins.

Comment

• Did the Redemption Blu-ray include the brief shot of fellatio that was missing on the Image disc? I can't recall. I remember when Channel 4 showed the film on British telly in 1998 or 1999, and included that shot. I was quite surprised they got away with that
                            No that shot hasn't been on any English lang release since the Benelux tape

Comment

• The shot was also included in the VHS from Private Screenings THE LOVES OF IRINA.
                              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                                I would love it if someone could release Sexorcisme or Sadist in full. Both these are legitimate alternate versions. Seemed a real wasted opportunity when X-rated released that great but flawed mediabook.
                                I'd love to see both of those versions of the film get a DVD release. It's a shame that they haven't had one yet.
                                Screenbound are still adamant that this is the hardcore version in fact 99% sure but that runtime says otherwise. X-rated released the hardcore version that ran approx. 110 mins.
                                I think X-Rated's DVD release of the h/c cut runs just shy of 105mins, with PAL speedup - so that would be around 110mins in 'real money'.
                                Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                                No that shot hasn't been on any English lang release since the Benelux tape
                                Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                                The shot was also included in the VHS from Private Screenings THE LOVES OF IRINA.
                                Thanks, both. I haven't watched the Redemption Blu-ray since it first came out and couldn't remember whether the shot was there or not. That must mean that the only version of the film I own with that shot in it is my recording of the Channel 4 broadcast. (Though, come to think of it, didn't the non-English friendly DVD release from Laser Paradise include that shot too?)
                                Paul L
                                Scholar of Sleaze
                                Last edited by Paul L; 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM.
                                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X