Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    This is what I wrote when I reviewed it years ago:

There is a very noticeable downside to the transfer though in that a couple of 'day for night' scenes that were tinted properly in other releases (most notably the Dutch Film Works PAL release) are presented here without any tint and appear as day time scenes. The most obvious scene where this occurs is when they crew are escaping with the Governor's wife as a hostage and she gets out of the car and the guard addresses her by saying 'Good Evening!' despite the fact that this occurs in broad daylight.

Haven't seen it in a while - I don't think BU ever offered a corrected version?
    BU did, in fact, provide a corrected version of Sadomania if you sent them the old disc. Try contacting them by email and they might still replace it for you.

Comment

• I do remember that now. Thanks Ryan.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Huh. I didn't even know that there was one. Interesting.
        I hope the alternat versions are better than the available version. One of my least favourite Francos.

Comment

• I have only seen 6 Jess Franco films so far.

Ilsa the Wicked Warden-Fun film
          Jack the Ripper-First Franco I saw and I still enjoy it.
          Mari Cookie and the Killer Tarantula-Really don't remember much about it.
          Flesh for Frankenstein-Some nice visuals in the film but not that great
          Tender Flesh-Nice variant on "The Most Dangerous game"

Comment

• Are you sure you mean Flesh for Frankenstein or Erotic Rites of Frankenstein? Flesh is by Paul Morrissey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
              Are you sure you mean Flesh for Frankenstein or Erotic Rites of Frankenstein? Flesh is by Paul Morrissey.
              I got the title wrong. I meant Lust for Frankenstein. Got it on a flipper dvd with Tender Flesh.

Comment

• Having seen a bootleg of THE OBSCENE MIRROR I think it should become a priority of DVD distributors here in the states to get this out on home video.
                "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• What's the quality like on your copy, Richard? English subs or audio?
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The image quality is poor, seemingly sourced from a 35mm print, full of dirt and lines, but anamorphic at 1.85, windowboxed, probably uncut, in Italian with English subtitles. It's well-made for a Franco film. If you liked Countess Perverse, Lorna and Doriana Grey you're bound to like THE OBSCENE MIRROR. I'm sending a link to your PM.
                    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• And I got it before I saw this post so you can disregard my question about the image quality.

I think we have a one sheet for this movie somewhere.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• merci beaucoup

Comment

• I ended up watching my Greek VHS copy of Bloody Moon tonight. It was a bit slow at first but the closer you got to the end, the better it became. The last 20 minutes were pure Franco madness! Although I have to admit, when he follows a formula (the slasher film or the zombie film), something is missing. I prefer him doing films that are harder to classify (Lorna, Vampyros, Sinner, ...).

Comment

• That's a valid criticism for sure. His 'formula' films definitely lack that zany spark of creativity that make the projects he had more of a personal interest in so interesting.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Of course, apart from the formula he uses, Bloody Moon was definitely a Franco film: brother-sister incest and other sleaze, some very demented scenes (mutilated face with the moon in the background, the wheelchair walks, guy with knife in his throat, ...).

Comment

• Yeah the elements are there. I'd argue it's still atypical though, simply because it does more or less follow slasher conventions.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X