No announcement yet.

Toho to Produce New Godzilla Movie - Shin Godzilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming August 1st, 2017 from Funimation.

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...-uv-bld-00531/

Click image for larger version

Name:	shin-godzilla-movie-bd-dvd-combo_uv_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	352360

Name:	shin-godzilla-movie-bd-dvd-combo_uv_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	352359
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some details on the UK Blu-ray release of Shin Godzilla via FB:

Want the lowdown on our Shin Godzilla release, coming December 4th? Look no further!

Our Shin Godzilla DVD and Blu-ray releases will both be comprised of two discs each -
        Disc One: Original Japanese Version with JPN audio, untouched JPN on-screen text and ENG subtitles
        Disc Two: ENG audio & localised ENG on-screen text

Housed in on-theme black cases, both DVD & Blu-ray will also include over an hour of extras in the form of 'Pre-visuals & Outtakes', a 'Pre-visual Reel' and 'Making VFX - Shin Godzilla Visual Effects Breakdown'.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Some details on the UK Blu-ray release of Shin Godzilla via FB:

Want the lowdown on our Shin Godzilla release, coming December 4th? Look no further!

Our Shin Godzilla DVD and Blu-ray releases will both be comprised of two discs each -
          Disc One: Original Japanese Version with JPN audio, untouched JPN on-screen text and ENG subtitles
          Disc Two: ENG audio & localised ENG on-screen text

Housed in on-theme black cases, both DVD & Blu-ray will also include over an hour of extras in the form of 'Pre-visuals & Outtakes', a 'Pre-visual Reel' and 'Making VFX - Shin Godzilla Visual Effects Breakdown'.
          I think this is the one to get if region locking is not a dealbreaker. It trumps the Funimation one. I was curious about the German one since it features an optional 5.1 mix but I would imagine it's just a gimmick anyway.

Comment

Happening 2/21/18 at 6:30pm at the Japan Society on East 47th Street in NYC:

"Godzilla, Mothra, The Mysterians — Japan's most celebrated monster movies and sci-fi classics were brought to the screen by filmmaker Ishiro Honda. A long-overlooked talent, Honda is now considered one of the most influential directors of Japanese cinematic history, wowing audiences with fantastical special effects while expressing the anxieties of Japan's postwar reality. At this talk, Steve Ryfle, noted scholar of Japanese science fiction cinema and author of Ishiro Honda: A Life in Film, From Godzilla to Kurosawa, draws back the curtain on the man behind the monsters. Followed by a book signing reception."
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I got the Funimation release of this. The one thing that really annoyed me was that when watched with English subtitles on, every character who speaks is identified. And as has been commented on, there is a lot of talking in this, with numerous characters having a speaking role. Even if it is just one line, the name of that character will appear on the screen. In addition, every time characters are moving about (for example, walking down a corridor), the subs tell you their location, like what sector of the facility they are in, etc. I got tired of it after a while, so I watched most of the movie in English.
              Lorne Marshall
              Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 02-07-2018, 05:14 AM.
              VHS will never die!

Comment

I do have to say that the dubbing is about the best dubbing I've ever seen. It didn't detract from the film nearly as much as I feared it would.

Comment

Price dropped on this to $10.49.

https://amzn.to/2LyQrHy
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This one wasn't bad but ffs it's a monster movie, we didn't need the job descriptions for everyone. No one cares (now someone's going to tell me they do).
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Price dropped on this to $10.49.

https://amzn.to/2LyQrHy
                      That's a good price. I think I'm gonna buy an extra copy for a friend. I have the Region B version from the UK and I prefer it for the onscreen Japanese text which Funimation scrubbed for this release and it has an additional VFX bonus too. It's also around 8 pounds, so if you're region free I think that's the one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        This one wasn't bad but ffs it's a monster movie, we didn't need the job descriptions for everyone. No one cares (now someone's going to tell me they do).
                        Couldn't agree with you more, as I mentioned a similar grievance in my previous post.
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

Watched it last night and agree with pretty much all the comments here. It's a decent enough movie but too talky. Could have trimmed 20-30 minutes from this and had a leaner, meaner movie than what we got. But no regrets spending $10 on the Blu-ray.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New Godzilla movie coming to theaters in Japan on 11/3 and US theaters 12/1 called Godzilla Minus One.

Name:	359424345_6410533945679682_6355758758916189263_n.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	417205
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New Godzilla movie coming to theaters in Japan on 11/3 and US theaters 12/1 called Godzilla Minus One.

Name:	359424345_6410533945679682_6355758758916189263_n.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	417205
                              The teaser trailer for this gave me shivers. Looks awesome.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X