X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toho to Produce New Godzilla Movie - Shin Godzilla

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ja...ie-1201373457/

Planned for 2016 release.

I think the chances of this turning out anything good are pretty slim, but let's see.

For me this will rise or fall based on whether it is a guy in a rubber suit or CGI, respectively.

Comment

At least it wont be as schmalzy and sentimental as the latest Hollywood effort. More Godzilla less american family.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
        For me this will rise or fall based on whether it is a guy in a rubber suit or CGI, respectively.
        I'm pretty much with you on this. It's a sticking point for me.

I thought that the latest US one was okay, but yeah like the Swede says, schmaltzy. And I like guys in rubber suits better than CGI monsters by a big margin.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
          At least it wont be as schmalzy and sentimental as the latest Hollywood effort. More Godzilla less american family.
          Asian and Euro flicks pour on the schmaltz and sentimentality more often and better than Ami flicks. Bring on the crying little kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
            Asian and Euro flicks pour on the schmaltz and sentimentality more often and better than Ami flicks. Bring on the crying little kids!
            The asian ones are not against sacrificing a few of the crying kids in the action for the sake of tension though!!!

Comment

Holy shit! Hideaki Anno will direct!!!
              - http://twitchfilm.com/2015/03/the-fi...ouncement.html

This just got about 27 times more interesting!

Love & Pop is one of my favourite movies of all time, and Ritual is nearly as good. And he also directed that little know TV series called Evangelion...
              Takuma
              Last edited by Takuma; 03-31-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Kinda-sorta related - a look inside the Godzilla hotel!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was in Tokyo during the weekend...

Didn't stay night there though... not with my budget. Capsule for me as usual

Comment

Surprised how calm everyone looks. I guess Godzilla attacks are frequent over there. ;)

Comment

Godzilla is now officially a resident of Tokyo.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/105...medium=twitter
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Source:

"In case you haven't heard, Toho's first Godzilla film in 12 years is finally under way in Japan. According to reports, this monumental motion picture is presently slated to begin filming in Tokyo this weekend. And while details were originally few and far between, we have a handful of juicy tidbits to share with those who simply cannot get enough of that big, green kaiju.

Scified reports that the working title for the new Godzilla flick is Shin Gojira, which roughly translates to New Godzilla or True Godzilla in English. Since this is likely a working title, there's a very strong possibility that will change before the big guy hits theaters once again."
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hope to find this in theaters when it comes out. I've been making my way through all of the Godzilla films with my boys over the past couple of years. We're getting near the end as we viewed Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) over the weekend.

Comment

Some behind the scenes images from the new Toho Godzilla movie here:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/140137/140137/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Teaser (that shows nothing):

The English title is Godzilla: Resurgence. In Japanese シン・ゴジラ (Shin Gojira = New Godzilla). Opens July 29, 2016.

And in case someone missed it, the film is actually co-directed by Shinji Higuchi (not a good sign) and Hideaki Anno (a good sign).

The poster says "Japan vs. Godzilla".

Comment

Working...
                              X