No announcement yet.

PinkY Violence IN YOUR FACE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this too. It was alright but I wasn't feeling Emiko Yamauchi as Yukiko. I know she's supposed to play the strong silent enforcer who speaks louder with action than words but she really lacked the presence necessary for the role. In fact, I was looking at the supporting cast more -- that chunky thick chick with the pigtails & glasses who was one of the foot soldiers of the 100 Akabane club kept drawing my attention. I wish she was in more scenes. Still a cool flick and CAROL on the soundtrack was pretty awesome. I wish Arrow would put out shit like this instead but we'll probably get another SEIJUN SUZUKI EARLY YEARS VOL. 3: Even more mediocre shitty movies to cure your insomnia in the near future.

btw, anyone know the name of the pinky violence flick that was playing onscreen during the set up and subsequent brawl in the movie theater? It's so familiar but I'm drawing a blank?! :think:

Comment

• Agree on Emiko Yamauchi... I wished Yumiko Katayama was the protagonist... she is in very few scenes unfortunately... also agree on Arrow, can't see the charm of those Seijun Suzuki films...

Comment

• Originally posted by 47lab View Post
        that chunky thick chick with the pigtails & glasses who was one of the foot soldiers
        This seems to be an archetype that these movies circle back to (as like a third-banana character) but I'm not sure if it's the same actress every time or never the same actress twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
          This seems to be an archetype that these movies circle back to (as like a third-banana character) but I'm not sure if it's the same actress every time or never the same actress twice.
          hmmm? interesting, I'll pay attention to this in the future.

This flick doesn't really fit this thread but too lazy to search for the Nikkatsu one. It was Mio Ezaki's 1970 sukeban flick, DANGEROUS GAMES. This is the first in a trilogy in the Joshi Gakuen series, I know ADULT GAMES is the final film but not sure what the second one is titled? Maybe @maito guy has more info about this series? This was very mild for the genre with nudity or violence and only implied sexual impropriety between teacher and student. There is a side story dealing with an abortion but even that's watered down. I guess having the setting in an all girls junior high school hampers things in this regard. Junko Natsu is the lead here playing a transfer student who upsets the apple cart and has a massive crush on one of her teachers. Doe eye Nikkatsu regular, Chieko Matsubara is the other familiar face and she plays the kind hearted teacher who attempts to steer the delinquent school gals on the straight and narrow path. Jiro Okazaki (I think he's in all 3 films of the series alongside Junko Natsu) plays the scheming boss of a group of local thugs who offers the gals life lessons along the way. I'm guessing he's the comedic relief here but his antics weren't very funny. Ultimately, worth a watch but nothing special and the other gals other than the aforementioned Junko Natsu aren't worthy of ogling either. Hilarious that they are supposed to be middle school students but most look like they could be middle aged housewives.

Comment

• Prior to this subtitling project, I knew the GIRLS' JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL series by these titles:

BAD HABIT
            TROUBLE AT GRADUATION
            TOO YOUNG TO PLAY LIKE THIS

As far as I know, this is the second one. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3139136/reference

Comment

the Joshi Gakuen series, I know ADULT GAMES is the final film but not sure what the second one is titled? Maybe @maito guy has more info about this series?
              Here you go
              http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...l=1#post115946
              http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...l=1#post115964
              http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...l=1#post116052

Comment

• @Marshall Crist, @Takuma...thanks for the info. I doubt I'll be seeking out the others in this series if this first one and Takuma's reviews are anything to go by. I could see this appealing to Junko Natsu fans but little else. Reading that post also helped answer a question I had about that DN logo in the intro. I was like WTF is that about? :think:

Comment

• Yeah, the first one is the best in the series. I need to rewatch the other two, though.

Comment

btw, anyone know the name of the pinky violence flick that was playing onscreen during the set up and subsequent brawl in the movie theater? It's so familiar but I'm drawing a blank?! :think:
                    I am 99% certain that I have not seen it.

Comment

that chunky thick chick with the pigtails & glasses who was one of the foot soldiers of the 100 Akabane club kept drawing my attention. I wish she was in more scenes.
                      Circling back to this, another one such appears in the first TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL film. She gets "inspected" by the pervert doctor around the 56-minute mark. I'll keep an eye out for others.

Comment

Still a cool flick and CAROL on the soundtrack was pretty awesome.
                        I am surprised that music rights have kept this off DVD, since Carol songs were cleared for at least two other pinky violence DVDs.

Comment

I am 99% certain that I have not seen it.
                          Maybe I'm just thinking it looks familiar? It might be a WIP flick instead, I dunno but looked pretty fucking cool from those few scenes they showed. Would like to see the whole thing.

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                          I am surprised that music rights have kept this off DVD, since Carol songs were cleared for at least two other pinky violence DVDs.
                          You know off hand what those other flicks were?

Comment

• Aw, jeez. I think one of the movies with a Carol song was GIRL BOSS 6 with Reiko Ike. I picture "Funky Monkey Baby" playing while they are trying to corral some stray dogs to make into street vendor food. And I want to say there's one Carol song in either TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL 1 or 3.

No idea about that movie-within-a-movie. That's definitely not Meiko Kaji running toward the camera in that one shot, right? The music is definitely unfamiliar, but it might not be the actual music from that movie. For a sec I thought it might be from the beginning of DELINQUENT GIRL BOSS 3, but it is not.

Comment

Aw, jeez. I think one of the movies with a Carol song was GIRL BOSS 6 with Reiko Ike. I picture "Funky Monkey Baby" playing while they are trying to corral some stray dogs to make into street vendor food. And I want to say there's one Carol song in either TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL 1 or 3.

No idea about that movie-within-a-movie. That's definitely not Meiko Kaji running toward the camera in that one shot, right? The music is definitely unfamiliar, but it might not be the actual music from that movie. For a sec I thought it might be from the beginning of DELINQUENT GIRL BOSS 3, but it is not.
                              Your memory is a damn sight better than mine that's for sure.

We were thinking alike because I also was thinking if it might be BALLAD OF YOKOHAMA HOODS because the prison uniforms were so similar. Of course, since it's a Toei flick, the obvious thing that popped into my head was the DELINQUENT GIRL BOSS series. I don't think I saw Meiko Kaji in any of the shots nor Reiko Oshida. Both have very distinctive looks and it wasn't her who was swinging that chain towards the other prisoners. It was really hard to tell though since you only see a sliver of the action on the screen itself. I think there is a shot of the poster of the movie outside the theater before the gals go inside. Might have to screenshot later to see if that provides any clues. You guys are way more versed in this genre than myself, so I guess it has to be one of the less popular films if it doesn't immediately pop right out at you.

Comment

• Recently re-watched Masahiro Shimura's entry in the TERRIFYING GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL series, DELINQUENT CONVULSION GROUP. Forgot what a banger this movie was -- Reiko Ike at her absolute height, the anti-American & imperialist rhetoric (portraying occupying US forces as all rapists and miscreants) & the glorious finale where Ike cradles her sub machine gun like a phallus and fills all the baddies with big red holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X