RIP Norifumi Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Norifumi Suzuki

There are rumors going around on Twitter and FB that he passed away.

Google translate's take on this Japanese langauge news posting would seem to confirm it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Damn. Not totally unexpected but he was one of the more interesting Pink Film directors. School of the Holy Beast and Star of David: Beauty Hunting are totally unique and are possibly masterpieces.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Sad news indeed. I'm going to pay my tribute to Noribumi san by pulling out my bootlegs and having a Truck Yaro marathon tonight. Maybe catch some Girl Boss Guerrilla or Sex & Fury afterward.

Comment

F**K f**k F**K

MORE shitty news....I guess he was getting on a bit though but still.....always sad to see a legend pass away...His STAR OF DAVID BEAUTY HUNTING introduced me to the genre and left a BIG scar on my psyche for which I will be forever greatful!!

RIP!

Comment

Damn, one my favorite Japanese filmmakers.

Comment

Really sad to hear this. He had an amazing career, although only the middle third is well known outside Japan. He also did a remarkable contribution to yakuza films, and later of course the tremendous 10 part Truck Yaro series.

By quick count I think I've seen 32 of his films, and there's still tons left to discover.

Comment

Working...
            X