BROKEN - Dir. Lee Jeong-ho (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BROKEN - Dir. Lee Jeong-ho (2014)

This Korean parental revenge thriller is going to be released over the weekend and supposed to be a remake of the Japanese movie from a few years back called THE HOVERING BLADE directed by Shoichi Masahiko. Both are based on the novel of the same name by best selling Japanese writer, Keigo Higashino. I never got the chance to see THE HOVERING BLADE but I might seek it out now.

The Korean trailer is a little different...

Either way, I dont think that this movie will add anything to the revenge genre that hasnt been done before..... so I think I will pass on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
      Either way, I dont think that this movie will add anything to the revenge genre that hasnt been done before..... so I think I will pass on this one....
      I agree but if there's one genre the Koreans seem to churn out with regularity, it's the revenge thriller & I'm a sucker for these movies. I'm going to watch the original Japanese version before I see this just for comparison's sake and I have my fingers crossed this doesn't end up another AZOOMA.

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
        I agree but if there's one genre the Koreans seem to churn out with regularity, it's the revenge thriller & I'm a sucker for these movies. I'm going to watch the original Japanese version before I see this just for comparison's sake and I have my fingers crossed this doesn't end up another AZOOMA.
        The revenge thriller, much like the gangster movies from a few years ago, are growing tired and stale...Rehashing stuff and never (usually) having much to add to the genre.....Originally there are one or two GREAT movies in the genre...then the Koreans keep churning them out with regularity until they reach a state of "MEH" in my opinion....

Comment

And the official synopsis does NOT instill hope that this movie will be any different!

Sang-Hyun (Jung Jae-Young) is a factory worker. He lost his wife to cancer and lives with his teenage daughter Soo-Jin (Lee Soo-Bin). One raining evening, Sang-Hyun comes home and finds that his daughter is not at home and she isn't answering her phone. Believing she is at a friends house, his regular life continues until he receives a phone call from the police. He's brought to a morgue to identify his daughter. Soo-Jin was raped and murdered. Since that day, Sang-Hyun goes to the police station everyday hoping to hear that his daughter's killers are brought to justice. Detective Eok-Gwan (Lee Sung-Min) can only tell Sang-Hyun to go home and that there is nothing he can do at the station.
          Sang-Hyun then receives a text message which identifies two boys who killed his daughter and also gives the address of one of those boys. Sang-Hyun goes to the address without informing the police. Soon, Sang-Hyun becomes a fugitive from the law while he attempts to administer his own form of justice on the boys responsible for his daughter's death. Detective Eok-Gwan tracks Sang-Hyun in the background

Comment

Working...
          X