X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnolia Releasing Ong-Bak Trilogy Collection

Courtesy of City On Fire:

"RELEASE DATE: July 29, 2014

Magnolia presents the Blu-ray & DVD for Tony Jaa's Ong-Bak Trilogy. This collection includes 2003′s Ong-Bak, 2008′s Ong-Bak 2: The Beginning and 2010′s Ong-Bak 3. The original Ong-Bak broke new ground when it was released in 2003. According to director Gareth Evans (The Raid 2): “Tony Jaa is a phenomenal talent. Ong Bak was a major announcement to the industry and to audiences that the martial arts genre was back.” Magnolia is also re-releasing the original Ong-Bak as a standalone Blu-ray or DVD."

Pre-order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tonyjaa-233x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	365121
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Courtesy of City On Fire:

"RELEASE DATE: July 29, 2014
    Magnolia is also re-releasing the original Ong-Bak as a standalone Blu-ray or DVD."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10118[/ATTACH]
    Haha...THIS is the only part of the press release I am interested in!!!

Comment

Spoiler....the third one sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Spoiler....the third one sucks.
        ]

No it doesnt Mark....it's just that you don't "get" all the eastern philosophy and spiritualism that is inherit within every important cultural Thai cinematic experience..and none more so than this movie...You have to be on a higher plane of belief to fully appreciate the subtle meanings and existential thought processes that went into the construction of the final part of the saga.

If you are not TOTALLY in tune with your spiritual side, the movie will merely look like a garbled, incoherent, boring and misconstrued mess of a movie.......

Luckily, after many years of spiritual enlightenment and of living on top of a mountain with a daily diet of a blade of grass and 2 litres of elephant piss, I am able to appreciate the TRUE beauty of Ong Bak 3...and I pity you lesser mortals who see only a schizophrenic mess of a movie whose lead actor has clearly taken on more than he can handle and who , in doing so, induced a personal mental / emotional breakdown..........

In fact, it was SO powerful an experience for me to see the movie that I feel that I may not be emotionally or psychologically mature enough to sit through it ever again in my life...hence my wish to buy only part 1 of the trilogy!

Comment

Haha, had me going for a second there.

Seriously though, the third one does suck. Which is a shame, as some of the fighting in it is pretty cool.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haha, i was about to respond with "You're a pretentious asshole." There was a lot wrong with that film.

READ ABOUT IT ALL HERE!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...e-Final-Battle

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              Haha, i was about to respond with "You're a pretentious asshole." There was a lot wrong with that film.

READ ABOUT IT ALL HERE!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...e-Final-Battle
              Haha...the "blade of grass and 2 litres of elephant piss" diet was TOO much to take seriously right?

Comment

Working...
              X