Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Lau's Firestorm

Anyone catch this yet?

"A crew of seasoned criminals, led by the notorious Cho Nam (Hu Jun), pull off another smooth and violent armored car heist in broad daylight in a crowded street. This puts the police force to shame and humiliation. A hardboiled senior police inspector Lui Ming Chit (Andy Lau), hot on the trail of Nam and his tight crew, is determined to put an end to this madness that endangers the lives of innocent people. But he soon comes face with the cruel reality that the usual police tactics are too futile to send these armed thieves behind bars and extreme crime requires extreme justice, even if it means crossing his moral line. To Sing Pong (Gordon Lam), an ex-con desperate to leave his criminal past behind, volunteers to be Lui's informant in exchange for a fresh start with her girlfriend Yin Bing (Yao Chen). But little does he know what hellish situation he is getting himself into..."

DDDHouse has the Blu-ray slated for a release on 5/3/14.

It's English friendly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FirestormEDKOBD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	365113
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This looks like mindless fun full of CGI & gee whiz explosions like HEAT on steroids. Gotta love the fact that the cops use tracer rounds ha! I have it on my watch list but haven't got around to seeing it yet. I did see the other HK 'storm' movie -- Benny Chan's THE WHITE STORM...it was a rather predictable retro melding of Woo's heroic bloodshed with To's Milky Way gritty crime dramas & it was definitely a half hour or so too long but I enjoyed it. I have to say the one cop drama from Asia that I'm really looking forward to is the gender bender Korean crime thriller, MAN ON HIGH HEELS...this looks like it could be interesting.

Comment

Working...
    X