X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLICE STORY 2013

IMAX trailer

NEW TRAILER..

That last trailer especially makes this one look like a ramped up CRIME STORY type movie...Nice to see Jackie going vilent and tough for this one!

I like the "darker" tone of this one. I recognize the girl from SPECIAL ID -- or at least I think it's the same actress? :think:

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
      I like the "darker" tone of this one. I recognize the girl from SPECIAL ID -- or at least I think it's the same actress? :think:
      You talking about Tian Jing....Yes, she was in SPECIAL ID

Comment

Some better posters than the earlier photoshopped ones....

Comment

I'm digging this. It's nice to be genuinely excited about a Jackie Chan movie again. It's been a while...
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I'm digging this. It's nice to be genuinely excited about a Jackie Chan movie again. It's been a while...
            It certainly DOES feel good to genuinely anticipate the release of a new Jackie movie....

Hopefully,if this all turns out well, this will fuel him in a new direction for his next few movies....

Comment

The new trailer says it's being released in imax 3d... Which I am guessing it should include "*except in the US"

Comment

I couldn't make out a single thing that happened in that last trailer. It was cut far to quickly and much too tight!

Comment

OUCH!!!...TWITCH reviewer doesnt like it much.....

POLICE STORY 2013 Is Low-Rent, Lacklustre & Dull
                  A sequel in name only to Jackie Chan's hugely popular action series, this latest offering moves proceedings to mainland China for a small scale, straight-faced and relatively thrill-free drama with a tendency to pontificate about civil responsibility.

As a result, audiences approaching the film as the latest instalment in the Police Story franchise stand to be sorely disappointed. However, for those keen to watch a dour-faced Chan mope around an empty nightclub while Liu Ye lectures people on their civil responsibilities, Jackie will be more than happy to take your cash.
                  http://twitchfilm.com/2014/01/review...tory-2013.html

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                    OUCH!!!...TWITCH reviewer doesnt like it much.....

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/01/review...tory-2013.html
                    Yeah I saw that, I'm a fan of Jackie I still want to see it.
                    do yourself a favor and click this...

Comment

"POLICE STORY 2013 Is Low-Rent, Lacklustre & Dull"

That's not a good sign right there! I'm finally getting around to watching this one tonight & I'll be back to post my review and see if it coincides with what Twitch had to say about it.

Comment

**WARNING: SPOILERS**

I have mixed feelings after watching this. I enjoyed some aspects of this one more than the earlier reboot of Police Story by Bennie Chan but I have to ultimately concede that it falls short. Of course, I don't expect a 60 yr old Jackie to move like his younger days & this is more a character driven plot as opposed to an action film but still expected a bit more in that department. It certainly could've used tighter editing as it was about a half hour too long & some scenes were just meandering with no purpose. There was a complete waste of screen time devoted to telling the back story of the lead villain's back story as an underground MMA fighter in Thailand that was really unnecessary.

The highpoint for me was the "rashomon" sequence near the end & while we've all witnessed this trope used countless times, it still was interesting within the context of this film. The low point was the fight sequence between Jackie & a muay thai underground fighter with the sake of the hostages on the line -- instead of being moving & heroic as the director had envisioned, it came off as extremely sappy & forced.

The finale also deserves mention as being another major misstep...it could've been awesome particularly within the context of the opening scene but it again falls flat due to the lack of emotional buildup in earlier scenes between Jackie & his daughter played by Jing Tian. The whole rebellious daughter because "daddy was too busy being a hard ass cop & never had time for his daughter" schtick was played out in the opening & left this viewer emotionally bereft and frankly, not giving a damn about their relationship in the first place.

I lay most of the fault on the screenwriter & director, Ding Sheng. I expected more this time around since he's already had experience working with Jackie on Little Big Soldier. I enjoyed that movie much more than this one even though this is a dark serious drama whereas his first effort with Jackie was a "buddy road trip" action comedy.

Also, have to mention that actress that played the role of villain's baby sister, Gu Li Na Zha nee Coulee Nazha is quite attractive. She has a minor but pivotal role in this film and while she's downplaying her looks for this role, her fresh faced natural beauty just radiates onscreen. Her eurasian features are a result of the fact that she's an ethnic Uygher. I believe she's only has a handful of roles and is just starting her acting career but hope to see more of her in the future. :up:

Comment

I just skimmed your comments because I don't want spoilers yet, but I'm glad that you at least found it had some merit.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sounds like a LOT of missed opportunities with this movie....

Shame as I was looking forward to a more serious Chan again (CRIME STORY was great!)

Comment

Working...
                            X