Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Buddha Man

Wow....just wow...

Yes, what you're seeing is paper cut-out puppetry which is live-action rather than animation.....and the story is bonkers too!!!

Not sure it can sustain 90 mins though!

sukebanboy
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM.

This was one of my favorite films last year. The odd style takes a little while to get used to, but the film is truly original and fascinating with all the monsters, mutants, buddhist alternative reality etc. Atmospheric soundtrack, too. And it only runs 80 minutes.

The recently released Japanese BD and DVD seems to have English subs, btw.

edit: several sites list English subtitles for the BD, but don't mention about subs for the DVD. Probably the DVD is also subbed, but I can't be sure. If I happen to see this in a shop I'll take a look at the back cover
    Takuma
    Last edited by Takuma; 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Are you Takuma from Bullets n' Babes?

Comment

Originally posted by 47lab View Post
        Are you Takuma from Bullets n' Babes?
        Yes (HungFist from bullets, Takuma on a few other forums)

Comment

Cool. I really appreciate all the screen caps, mini-reviews and release info you post on those sites for pinky violence, yakuza, nikkatsu action, etc for us fellow gaijin who wouldn't have a clue where to start to find that info. :up:

Comment

oh, thanks, I thought you were gonna tell me you hate me

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
              oh, thanks, I thought you were gonna tell me you hate me

I agree about this flick being totally mesmerizing viewing and very original in execution and concept. I enjoyed it so much that I picked up the blu ray a while back to add to my collection. Strangely the blu ray was cheaper than the DVD for some reason when I bought it but I don't know about now though?

Comment

Working...
              X