No announcement yet.

The Random Shaw Brothers Viewing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Of The White Lotus is coming from 88.

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/clan-white-lotus-1980
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by RDP View Post
      Interesting, did the memoirs tell why this movie was his favorite work?
      I recall that in one interview he stated that he drew parallels between the portrayal of the boxers in the movie and the Red Guards, the paramilitary student movement in China that was responsible for many actions during the Cultural Revolution during the 60s.
      Maybe he was proud of this work because of this political statement/oberservation that made it stick out of the other works. Cinematographically I can't see why this should be better than his other movies
      I can't remember the exact reason and I'm too lazy to dig up the book out of storage. I'm pretty sure it involved the sheer amount of effort he put into it and the overall epic scope of the film (I believe it was the biggest budget Shaw production up that point). I never read that interview where he drew those parallels to Mao's Red Guards , so I can't comment on that point. I felt the movie portrayed General Van Waldersee (played by Richard Harrison) in a much better light than his actual historical deeds as Waldersee oversaw the mass killing of Chinese women and children. Perhaps, Cheh knew the censors wouldn't have it if he made Harrison's character truly despicable.

Comment

• Chang Cheh and Kuei Chih-hung's THE DELINQUENT is coming to blu ray from Koch. Release date on April 9.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delinq.jpg.b0c479b8765be8ab9a503f7621d6a524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	357535

Comment

• Chang Cheh's THE DAREDEVILS is coming to blu ray.

Comment

• This mask is pretty cool from THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES. You can ore-order it now.

Comment

• That is really cool!
              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• $59.99 isn't super crazy for it either. I'd never wear it and don't have the space to display something like that, but it makes me happy that it exists.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Up next from Asia Line is the Asso Films SECRET NINJA, ROARING TIGER starring Dragon Lee and Hwang Jang-lee. I'm hoping this print is the one with the throwing stars intact because I remember the old R1 release was cut. Anyone have that release?

Name:	ninj.jpg.0e47b85d50d596959bcbd1070ea1bce5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	357726

Comment

• TVP started a YT channel. You can check out trailers for their releases.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7...BYLqoLmbwyt_nA

Comment

• Coming soon from Dark Force is CHINESE HERCULES starring Bolo Yeung & BRUCE'S NINJA SECRET.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&__tn__=%2AW-R

Name:	chinese.jpg.c5354500ab74abdd07e4ca4a013199b4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	357771

Comment

• Bruces Ninja Secret = Bruce's Last Battle (previously released on dvd by code red)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                          Bruces Ninja Secret = Bruce's Last Battle (previously released on dvd by code red)
                          Yeah if I recall correctly, this flick just had a bunch of recycled footage from BRUCE'S DEADLY FINGERS & set in the PI.

Comment

• The PI footage was taken from BRUCE AND THE SHAOLIN BRONZEMEN.

Comment

• The 88 Films releases of Hex, Five Elements Ninjas and Seeding Of A Ghost are going OOP (as well as a few other titles).

https://mailchi.mp/33f9ebdc58c4/were...direct-1910573
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Five Element Ninjas has popped up on Netflix.

If you haven't seen it, you should.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X