Why Don't You Play In Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Don't You Play In Hell

Thanks to Bloody Disgusting for digging this up...

Here's the teaser trailer for Shion Sono's latest:

Yup. I'm all over this. Hits in Japan on 9/28/13 so I'm sure we're a ways off from a domestic release.

Nice to see Tak Sakaguchi show up here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice.....

He is STILL consistently the ONLY director whose movies continue to interest me...and whose movies GENUINELY surprise me whenever I see a new one.

He is FAB!...and I am looking forward to this one greatly...

Comment

Drafthouse Films grabbed the rights to this one.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good news. Drafthouse Films did a nice job with PIETA in terms of the blu ray release. The same with GRACELAND as well. No complaints from me about the PQ or encoding.

Comment

If you're bored but like Sono, kill time by reading this write up on the movie with some input from the director.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fumi Nikaido is interviewed about working with Sono over at Twitch today.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This one was disappointing for me....

Still good....but disappointing compared to his earlier efforts....

Comment

Yeah, I had same feelings. The opening was insanely good, but then it just went on and on until the disgraceful CGI bloodbath ruined it all (well, not all, but still). I can't understand why would Sono make a tribute to 35mm film, and then fill it with lame computer graphics? The ending theme song was terrible as well, like from any z-grade mainstream teen flick...

Fumi Nikaido, however, was fantastic! Easily the best thing about the film! She's also wonderful in Kumakiri's new incest drama My Man (2014), where she acts the lead role with Tadanobu Asano (in his best role in years).

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

What the hell was that music?

Comment

Coming 1/27/15.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just rented this today. I am gonna see it later tonight and report back here what I thought.
                          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I'm being quoted in the Finnish back-cover it seems. Three star review, the quote is only slightly out of context (nothing compared to when they quoted me saying "laugh-out-loud moments come frequently" the RoboGeisha cover when the original was "However, RoboGeisha is not a total failure. Laugh-out-loud moments come frequently and..." I love these guys )

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                              I just rented this today. I am gonna see it later tonight and report back here what I thought.
                              Could you also confirm the running time? The Finnish DVD cover says 115 min, but the Japanese theatrical version was 130 min. Probably a mistake, however, 119 min version does also exist (was shown on some festivals, without ending credits apparently).

Comment

Working...
                              X