Linda Linda Linda!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda Linda Linda!

Only watched the first half so far (got sleepy ^_^ ) but so far I like even though it isn't as rebellious and colorful as I thought it would be. So far anyway. The film is about a group of high school girls who start a pop band. They're still in the practicing stages (meaning before I turned it off ) so I'm guessing once they're performing and stuff it'll be more high energy than it has been so far.

On a side note, the title and song they're practicing to perform is a song called Linda Linda! by a Japanese pop punk band called The Blue Hearts. I've had this song stuck in my head all morning and have downloded a bunch of their songs. Good stuff. :bruce:
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

That song will be stuck in your head for LIFE!!! Great great great song!

The film goes at a fairly leisurely pace, but the connection between the band members keeps it interesting. I'm not sure it ever achieves high energy but it sure captures the feeling of wanting to be in a band as a teenager!

I used to be a teenage Asian girl in a band, so I know what I'm talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Howlett View Post
      I used to be a teenage Asian girl in a band, so I know what I'm talking about!
      I have all your albums! You look great on the cover of your split with Shonen Knife.

Comment

I used to be a teenage Asian girl in a band...
        Hot.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Finished it yesterday and like Mike said it's not as high energy as I thought it would be but the character development is great and I can definitely see watching it again.

Listening to the song now! :woot:
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Mike, would you know how best to go about acquiring the soundtrack to this?
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

We've been looking for either a soundtrack or a Blue Hearts LP for a couple of years now. I'll ask my wife if she's heard anything lately...

Comment

Are you on AIM?
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the movie! :) I'm definitely going to have to see this sometime in the near future -- Korean actress Bae Doo Na is in it, right?

Comment

Yes- Bae Doo Na is in it! She's awesome as the awkward singer in an otherwise all Japanese girl band.

Comment

I read the box art for this the other day when someone left it laying around the house.

Looks kinda fun. The soundtrack is pretty gosh darned catchy.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yes- Bae Doo Na is in it! She's awesome as the awkward singer in an otherwise all Japanese girl band.
                        The scene in the equipment room with the boy who likes her is hysterical. When she belts out Linda Linda though... too cool. :D
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                        X