The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    No, I completely get it. I was disappointed that there were only English dubs included on the DVD releases too and I don't understand the reasoning behind that unless it had something to do with the specifics of the license.

I don't think that will be the case with the Blu-ray set though. But again, we'll find out soon enough. It's not that far off.
    Hey, if they get it right, I'm all the frig over this thing regardless of cost....I really hope that they do.

Comment

Cliff said the reason the DVDs were English only was because they were for Walmart, and planned only for Walmart but the marketing people sold them to other vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
        Cliff said the reason the DVDs were English only was because they were for Walmart, and planned only for Walmart but the marketing people sold them to other vendors.
        Walmart only takes English DVDs?

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          Walmart only takes English DVDs?
          It's Walmart you fool.

Your average fat ass lard chugging flyover USA shopper would RIOT if he got home and cracked open a Bud, popped one of these chop socky flicks in and the actors started talking all funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
            It's Walmart you fool.

Your average fat ass lard chugging flyover USA shopper would RIOT if he got home and cracked open a Bud, popped one of these chop socky flicks in and the actors started talking all funny.
            Ah. The Walmarts in our area actually have a pretty okay martial arts/anime section.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              Ah. The Walmarts in our area actually have a pretty okay martial arts/anime section.
              Those are Canadian Walmarts!

Stop arguing with me you creep. 😊

Comment

I'm actually curious to see one of these Canadian Walmarts, 'cause the selection at US Walmarts is atrocious.

Comment

Oh, the selection still sucks. But they have non-English movies.

Comment

But that's because of all those stinky French Canadians who refuse to speak the queen's tongue.

Comment

The set is about $50 too much.
                      As much I would like to have Bruce on Blu, I'll have to wait until it's more in my price range.

Comment

Amazon's got it for $83 right now, which is better than $119.99.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

First review is in and it's ugly stuff.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bruce-...Blu-ray/72434/

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Wow. What an insult to some great films. I like Shout, but they really dropped the ball on this. Mislabeled audio options? Presenting compressed tracks as lossless? Looks like an upscale? I'll hang onto my fortune star DVD set. Hopefully the next company who gets the rights to these titles does a better job than this ugliness. Maybe if it drops to the same price as the similarly horribly handled Fox boxed set from a few years back, I'll check it out.

What a disappointment.

Comment

Added: Looks like they danced around the audio issue in those press releases (as I mentioned earlier) because they had good reason to. Reading through the rest of the review, menu typos, audio options that aren't correct, stating that they're presenting the original incomplete version of GAME instead of the reboot....quality control! What a massive screwup. I feel sorry for people who pre-ordered this.

Comment

Working...
                                X