No announcement yet.

The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In their defense, they did say the Blu-ray set was coming.

We'll find out more in the coming weeks I'm sure. We don't know all the tech specs yet.

And that price is the Shout! Direct price. I'd expect Amazon to have it at a better price.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh, I get that they said the blu-ray set was coming...but if I were a DVD person, I'd be like "Why did I just buy DVDs with shitty English dubs when they had transfers ready for DVD with original audio?" That was what I was saying, not, "Oh man, there are BLU-RAYS?"

Comment

Ah, gotcha. You do have a point.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          I don't like to sound negative...
          Quoted for hilarity!

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

At least I know what Tolch's birthday/Christmas present is though.

Comment

My birthday present was a rad BYO book. :-D

And while I DO like to be negative, I don't like to be negative about Shout! Factory or Bruce Lee. This much is true.

Comment

And here's the official press release with some more details...

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?3022
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They're still dancing around the language track issue? Seems to me that's pretty important. The official press release only mentions that The Big Boss has original audio.

Comment

I thought I'd read they all had original audio...
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      I thought I'd read they all had original audio...

From the press release:

"• Newly translated English subtitles on THE BIG BOSS, FIST OF FURY and WAY OF THE DRAGON
                      • Original Mandarin audio on THE BIG BOSS and the original English dub track"

From the post on blu-ray.com

"Original Mono on the first two."

The press release says BIG BOSS has original Mandarin audio...blu-ray.com post says that BIG BOSS and FIST of FURY have original mono.

So best case scenario the first two films have original (Mandarin) audio. Way and Game of Death have no comments except in the bluray.com post, they're looking for the audio for WAY.

Comment

Yeah, I read all that, but I thought I'd read more somewhere. I guess not though as I can't find it. At any rate, this still looks to be a pretty solid improvement over past releases. I guess we'll find out more as the release date gets closer.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, I read all that, but I thought I'd read more somewhere. I guess not though as I can't find it. At any rate, this still looks to be a pretty solid improvement over past releases. I guess we'll find out more as the release date gets closer.
                          It would definitely be good if you read that somewhere...For me, the language is a deal-breaker. At least if Big Boss and Fist of Fury are Mandarin, I'll get the single disc blu-rays. :)

Comment

Wasn't Game shot in English though?

And as the Fortune Star DVD of Way had Cantonese and Mandarin tracks we're probably good there.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wasn't Game shot in English though?

And as the Fortune Star DVD of Way had Cantonese and Mandarin tracks we're probably good there.
                              Guess it depends on which version of GAME we get. :D

As for WAY, the Fortune Star DVD has it, but the Shout version that was just released does not.

I'm not attempting to take a dump on Shout, they've done some great work, but their English only DVD releases...which were JUST released....featured no original audio, unless you count GAME. It was an odd decision to make, and one that understandably irked some people. This is why I'm hesitant to jump into a pricey blu-ray set where half of the films are going to potentially be shitty English dubs.

Comment

No, I completely get it. I was disappointed that there were only English dubs included on the DVD releases too and I don't understand the reasoning behind that unless it had something to do with the specifics of the license.

I don't think that will be the case with the Blu-ray set though. But again, we'll find out soon enough. It's not that far off.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X