No announcement yet.

The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats the first time ive heard of WAY OF THE DRAGON being called RETURN OF THE DRAGON
    Is it a US thing?
    Thought it was a lost Bruce film at first!

Comment

• Hahahaha, ask Horace!
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
        Thats the first time ive heard of WAY OF THE DRAGON being called RETURN OF THE DRAGON
        Is it a US thing?
        Thought it was a lost Bruce film at first!
        The saving grace of these Shout Select releases is the reversible cover art with the "proper" titles. So you won't have to ever see the retarded ass FISTS OF FURY title for THE BIG BOSS or CHINESE CONNECTION for FIST OF FURY. I expect WAY OF THE DRAGON to have the same.

Comment

• They must be trying to confuse people into buying these films all over again. Ive got the HKL dvds and dont feel the need to upgrade. Bruce Lee films arent that great, really

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
            They must be trying to confuse people into buying these films all over again. Ive got the HKL dvds and dont feel the need to upgrade. Bruce Lee films arent that great, really

Comment

• Sorry Bruce

Comment

• Shout posted the following on facebook
                We're sad to say that later this year our rights to all Bruce Lee titles will be expiring. Once they expire, we will no longer be able to sell our Bruce Lee films and all will go out of print. This is your official warning to grab them before they are gone forever!

The four Shout Select Bruce Lee releases are all on sale right now as part of the Shout Select sale and definitely is your best chance to pick these up! Head over to: https://www.shoutfactory.com/shoutselectticket
                The Shout Select releases, I believe, are the best versions on Blu-ray, so pick them up while you have the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                  Shout posted the following on facebook

The Shout Select releases, I believe, are the best versions on Blu-ray, so pick them up while you have the chance.
                  Are these transfers different from the transfers that were used for Shout's Bruce Lee Premiere Collection (which were different/better than the Legacy Collection)?

Comment

• Yes, the Shout Select releases are from the recent 4K restorations and are the only ones that have been color corrected to fix the Ritrovata green/yellow tint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                      Yes, the Shout Select releases are from the recent 4K restorations and are the only ones that have been color corrected to fix the Ritrovata green/yellow tint.
                      Thanks. I thought they were improved but these have been re-released so many times I lost track.

Comment

• are there any caps comparing the new shout selects with the old bruce lee premiere collection? couldn't find anything. just some pissy yellow screenshots from the 4k HK blu-ray.
                        killer must kill again
                        Last edited by killer must kill again; 09-14-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• I think there are some at the blu-ray.com forum. I know that blu-ray.com reviewed the Shout Select releases, so at least there are some quality caps you can check out.

Comment

• I thought Shout Select were exclusive to Shout Factory's website but these appear to be on Amazon. Are they the same release?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                              I thought Shout Select were exclusive to Shout Factory's website but these appear to be on Amazon. Are they the same release?
                              Yep. Shout Select is their non-genre line. They're available all over the place, not just the website.

I have the original Shout! set but only upgraded to the Shout Select release on Chinese Connection - it is a noticeably nicer transfer.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Shout Select releases use the US titles for some reason, and Game of Death includes the Cantonese version on a second Blu-ray, but the subtitles are only SDH.

Anyway, here are some comparisons from the Blu-ray.com forum(I hope you don't have to be signed in there to see these):
                                Return of the Dragon/Way of the Dragon Blu-rays

and Shout's color corrected version vs the yellow HK release of Fist of Fury (aka The Chinese Connection)
                                http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=183
                                http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=184
                                http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=185
                                http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=188

Comment

Working...
                                X