No announcement yet.

The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the customers who already ordered the previous box set & were promised replacement discs once Shout got the new masters? Do they have priority & will they receive their 'corrected' discs before this "new" tentative Oct 22 date? man if Shout! fucks this up again then I'm just going to bite the bullet & get the Japanese Paramount reissues.

Comment

Another update posted on the site:

Our new version of the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection contains the following differences from the one originally produced but withdrawn before street date:

-Correct pairing of disc label art and media for discs 10 and 11, which had inadvertently been swapped on the original release.
      -New Blu-rays for The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon. Contrary to speculation circulating on the Internet, the original set did contain hi-def masters of the first three feature films. However, after comments from fans who had received early copies of our set, we discovered that our sources were not the recently restored transfers used for the Blu-rays in Hong Kong and Japan, but rather the original masters done a few years ago in Canada. We therefore acquired the improved masters (the master for Game of Death was not appreciably different), and have included them on this new set, for a truly definitive Bruce Lee collection.

Thank you all very much for hanging in there while we made these changes--for the people who ordered from shoutfactory.com and received early copies, replacement discs will be issued.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shit, this was a deal when it was around $80 for the first pre-order but I'm balking at the current pre-order price of $110. The lucky ones who pre-ordered at the $80 price will still get that price honored by Amazon but think I'll pass until I accumulate enough Rewards points or snag a couple gift cards to get the price down to around $70.

Comment

Someone at Blu-ray.com has posted what are supposed to be caps from the reissued Shout! set.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....219907&page=77

They're visible about half way down that page.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This seems to be the general opinion over there...

t's great that we now have genuine HD masters, it's the least we deserve.

A shame then that the HD masters for FIST and WAY aren't that great, but that's not Shout's fault, it's Fortune Star's.

Shout are at fault, however, for not employing colour correction (Fortune Star's teal push is exaggerated). Why spend so much time getting everything right and then cut a significant corner just to meet an arbitrary deadline (release date).
            Seems like people are annoyed as SHOUT could have spent another few weeks doing the color correction and THEN it would have been a definitive set....

Comment

dvdbeaver likes what he sees:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...on_blu-ray.htm

individual reviews for each title are also up.

Seems like they worked out all all the problems.

Maybe this will be worth getting after all, when the price comes down.
              "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
              - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Yeah, those screen caps look MUCH better. Glad to see they seem to have this sorted out now.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Have the subtitles been improved? They are pretty terrible on the Fortune Star box I have.

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

I have a $100 Amazon gift certificate I got from Delivery.com that I got as a reward for two years of stuffing my face.

Set ordered.

Comment

The packaging is garbage. The slots are so tight that half the discs in my set were scratched - from minor to gouge. Shout should be ashamed of themselves for this lame setup.

Comment

A gouge. Man. That blows. Sorry to hear that Horace, hopefully you can get a replacement.

Comment

"It's come to our attention that on the "Fist of Fury" Blu-ray disc the mono Mandarin audio track is not accessible. We regret this oversight. If you would like a replacement disc, please send an email to info@shoutfactory.com with "Bruce Lee Fist of Fury Replacement" in the subject line, and one will be mailed to you in 3 to 4 weeks."
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

Grrrrrrr.

Comment

Holy shit. Do they have QC in that place?

Comment

They sure have a lot of problem with that set, quite sad and bad for a reputation considering they ask more than 80$ for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X