No announcement yet.

The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

Ugh.

Looks like we're going to be waiting a long long time for these titles to get done right.

At least I can get drunk and fondle my beautiful new ENTER THE DRAGON set later and feel a little better.

Comment

I heard that. Because I have it now.

Really disappointed in Shout on this one. Some good screencaps at the blu-ray.com forum showing the "upscaled" edge enhancement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Really disappointed in Shout on this one. Some good screencaps at the blu-ray.com forum showing the "upscaled" edge enhancement.
        WOW..Good job they didnt fuck up on some BIG, HIGH PROFILE project that LOADS of people have been waiting with anticipation for......If they HAD, then they probably would have lost s lot of credibility and love within the community.....

So that was a lucky break...

Comment

So now the release date has been pushed back indefinitely?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....219907&page=66
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'd like to think that with a company like Shout! that has brought out so many quality products, that they're realizing the ball has been dropped big time with this, and that it will damage a pretty solid reputation. Hopefully they're either trying to fix it, or will pull it.

Comment

Shout Factory's Bruce Lee Line Is Coming!

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              I'd like to think that with a company like Shout! that has brought out so many quality products, that they're realizing the ball has been dropped big time with this, and that it will damage a pretty solid reputation. Hopefully they're either trying to fix it, or will pull it.
              Yeah - this is a huge mess. Fix it or pull it Shout!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                WOW..Good job they didnt fuck up on some BIG, HIGH PROFILE project that LOADS of people have been waiting with anticipation for......If they HAD, then they probably would have lost s lot of credibility and love within the community.....

So that was a lucky break...
                was that meant to be a joke?

Bruce Lee is still a relevant figure, a cultural icon, and to the mainstream buyers, which far out weight the cult fans, thus work is more popular than say a BluRay of a slasher film. So a Bruce Lee title is high profile and a lot of Blu Ray customers were anticipating for.

Comment

Yeah, i think sukebanboy was exuding some of his trademark sarcasm, there.

Comment

Very disappointed in Shout Factory for this whole debacle. I had high hopes when they pulled the set the first time to "address" some issues but alas, it was only fix the misprint on the DVDs. I'm just glad I didn't pull the trigger on a pre-order.

Comment

So a poster on Blu-ray.com says he received this email:

"Thank you for your recent purchase of the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection. We're sorry to inform you that you have received a set that includes discs that do not meet our highest standards of quality assurance, and therefore we will be sending you replacement discs on or around September 16th.

The affected discs are all four Blu-rays, for which we have found improved hi-rez masters, and discs 10 and 11, which inadvertently contain content swapped from each other.

No action is required on your part. This email is simply intended to let you know about this problem and the steps we are taking to rectify it. Thanks again for your order."

Hi-rez? OK. I want to believe this dude and want to believe that Shout! is going to fix this but the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From the Official Bruce Lee facebook page
                        Hi Philippe. I share your frustration. On the Bruce Lee side of things, we wanted this done right, and done with the highest quality. The version due out in October will be true HD. Here is the official answer from the distributor (Shout! Factory). FROM SHOUT! FACTORY: "We discovered that we had not been given the recently restored transfers used for the Blu-rays in Hong Kong and Japan, but rather the original masters done a few years ago in Canada. We therefore acquired the improved masters, and have included them on this new set, for a truly definitive Bruce Lee collection." This has been the cause of the many delays and problems.

I hope you understand, and again, I understand and share your frustration.
                        I know that Shout was getting jerked around by Fortune Star, but if they would have listened to people's complaints about the Jackie Chan "HD masters" not really being HD and acted accordingly to ensure that the shit they got from Fortune Star really was HD they would have saved themselves a lot of time, money, and aggravation.

Comment

Well, that's good news, I guess. But I'll wait until the new version comes out to get the official word.

Comment

So now that it looks like Shout! Factory has rectified the issues by obtaining the proper HD masters, I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger & pre-order this set. Shout! Factory releases tend to hold their prices steady, so I don't anticipate any big discounts down the road and the pre order price at Amazon might be the best deal for the foreseeable future. The only other alternative is the Kam & Ronson Legendary collection blu ray set & it currently goes for around the same price but they contain the crap remix soundtracks.

I'm also thinking about pre-ordering this double feature as well - in particular for the A WARRIOR'S JOURNEY documentary since I've always put off purchasing the Warner Home version.

Comment

So Shout's official site has this now coming 10/22/13.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/217609

"PLEASE NOTE: The release date on this set has been moved to 10/22/13 due to a production delay."
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So...does that mean HD masters....or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X