Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hwayi: A Monster Boy - My MOST anticipated film... (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hwayi: A Monster Boy - My MOST anticipated film... (Merged)

Why?

Because it's from the director of one of my FAVE Korean movies SAVE THE GREEN PLANET..

Hwayi tells the story about a boy named Hwa-yi, a 16 year-old who naturally becomes a perfect killer after being raised by 5 criminal fathers and has to pull the trigger to discover his true identity after he realizes the mystery that surrounds his past and his fate.'
    It starts shooting today and is aiming for a release in the third quarter of next year.

AT LAST.....10 years it has been since SAVE THE GREEN PLANET.....

Save The Green Planet was pretty fun. I'd check out another of his movies.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really liked STGP so I'm in.

Comment

Save the green planet was an ORIGINAL movie...especially in Korean movie scene....Wasn't popular at all.....but the director is amazingly talented......

High hopes for this one!

Comment

I'm afraid I haven't even seen SAVE THE GREEN PLANET. I... putz.
          2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
            I'm afraid I haven't even seen SAVE THE GREEN PLANET. I... putz.

Comment

Original is definitely the right word. It's a pretty unique movie by the standards of any country's cinematic output.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                :cuckoo:
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

I don;t (as a rule) like the majority of Korean movies..with a COUPLE of exceptions....

But this one was such an original idea, good acting and also quite violent......Hard to imagine he got the money to make it when the producers saw the script....

Comment

HWAYI: A MONSTER BOY (2013) Director Jang Joon Hwan

SAVE THE GREEN PLANET was a total mindfuck and one of the seminal Korean movies of the last decade IMO. It blew me away when I first saw it and along with Park Chan Wook's OLD BOY, which was released the same year -- it cemented my growing appreciation & affinity for Korean cinema.

So it's hard to believe that SAVE THE GREEN PLANET was director, Jang Joon Hwan's only major feature film to date until HWAYI. If you've ever watched the supplemental features on the Koch/Lorber DVD of STGP & the interviews with Jang Joon Hwan, I'm sure you came away impressed as I did with his down to earth gregarious personality. He just seems like a cool guy all around. So with much anticipation, I've been looking forward to his second feature film. It was officially released in South Korea last week & while the early reviews are lukewarm particularly in regards to the finale...I'm definitely going to check it out.

English reviews:

Hancinema.net

twitchfilm.com

Seongyong's Private Place Blog

Comment

Hey ...I started a thread for this one a while back :bruce:

This one doesnt look all that imaginative and innovative as the director of SAVE THE GREEN PLANET's director should!!!

But it might be ok......

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ighlight=hwayi
                      sukebanboy
                      Last edited by sukebanboy; 10-19-2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                        Hey ...I started a thread for this one a while back :bruce:

This one doesnt look all that imaginative and innovative as the director of SAVE THE GREEN PLANET's director should!!!

But it might be ok......

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ighlight=hwayi
                        My bad. I used the search function to see if someone already made a thread about this & it came up empty -- go figure?

Comment

Probably because it was titled Hwayi-- and the -- threw off the query. It's no big deal. Merging threads is fun.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Probably because it was titled Hwayi-- and the -- threw off the query. It's no big deal. Merging threads is fun.
                            See! It's all sukeban boy's fault for inserting those dashes. hmm? Gonna have to start some more duplicate threads since it's so much fun for you.

Comment

Sorry..I thought the dashes looked cool!!...AND.I really didnt think anyone would bring this film up again....

?For the sake of the search engine and poor Ian's time, I promise never to use dashes again in my Thread titles!!!..(unless I sincerely forget!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X