Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 4444 Releasing Run And Kill

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error 4444 Releasing Run And Kill

    Pre-order page is up but you can't order yet, they've said that the pre-order will go line in a couple of weeks.

    https://error4444.bigcartel.com/prod...imited-edition

    Click image for larger version

Name:	er44.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	422487
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  • #2
    Hellllllllyaaaaa...

    Comment


    • #3
      Pre-order goes live today at 12pm EST.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ordered, blind buy. (Although I wish I had the will power to wait for the standard edition to come out and save a few bucks!) I've picked up all of the Error 4444 Hong Kong releases--liked Centipede Horror, loved Red Spell Spells Red, was disappointed/underwhelmed by Fatal Termination. I'm a fan of Billy Tang's Red To Kill and his entry in the Raped By An Angel series (#5), so I'm hoping this lives up to my degenerate expectations.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post
          I'm hoping this lives up to my degenerate expectations.
          I think it will! Great movie, and I haven't even seen it uncut yet.

          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post
            Ordered, blind buy. (Although I wish I had the will power to wait for the standard edition to come out and save a few bucks!) I've picked up all of the Error 4444 Hong Kong releases--liked Centipede Horror, loved Red Spell Spells Red, was disappointed/underwhelmed by Fatal Termination. I'm a fan of Billy Tang's Red To Kill and his entry in the Raped By An Angel series (#5), so I'm hoping this lives up to my degenerate expectations.
            You will not be disappointed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ordering direct from Error 4444 from Canada is going to kill me, anyone know of a way to get Error 4444 releases for a reasonable price in the True North?

              Comment


              • #8
                This has been pushed back a few weeks to a mid-February release.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Banner on the website says that orders are supposed to start shipping today.

                  https://error4444.bigcartel.com/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A bit more info...

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_Resized_Screenshot_20240221-221018_Instagram.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	428407
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Was on yt and stumbled upon this, the first half with the side by side was pretty cool:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I received my copy yesterday and eagerly viewed it last night.

                        I enjoyed it, mainly because I'm a Kent Cheng fan, and it's really his show. But it's nowhere near as vicious as Red To Kill or some of the other top tier nasty Cat III classics. I found it darkly comedic and kept thinking of Judgement Night, that Emilio Estevez movie from the 90's. Normal guy stumbles into the underworld of gangsters and finds himself way out of his league sinking deeper, & deeper into shit.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post
                          I received my copy yesterday and eagerly viewed it last night.

                          I enjoyed it, mainly because I'm a Kent Cheng fan, and it's really his show. But it's nowhere near as vicious as Red To Kill or some of the other top tier nasty Cat III classics. I found it darkly comedic and kept thinking of Judgement Night, that Emilio Estevez movie from the 90's. Normal guy stumbles into the underworld of gangsters and finds himself way out of his league sinking deeper, & deeper into shit.
                          Yeah, I don't think many films are more vicious than Red to Kill, although elements of RtK are so campy that dilutes its impact a bit, which is probably a good thing considering the subject matter.

                          Most CAT III film's embrace of lowbrow slapstick and Police Academy-worthy humour makes them less disturbing to me than, say, the more seriously Sadean roman porno and pinky violence films from Japan.

                          But that tonal whiplash, a common feature of Asian exploitation in my experience, is part of the strange charm of these films.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Randy G View Post

                            Yeah, I don't think many films are more vicious than Red to Kill, although elements of RtK are so campy that dilutes its impact a bit, which is probably a good thing considering the subject matter.

                            Most CAT III film's embrace of lowbrow slapstick and Police Academy-worthy humour makes them less disturbing to me than, say, the more seriously Sadean roman porno and pinky violence films from Japan.

                            But that tonal whiplash, a common feature of Asian exploitation in my experience, is part of the strange charm of these films.
                            Well put. Maybe that's why I tend to enjoy the Cat III films more than the pinky or roman porno stuff, I dig the lowbrow campy aesthetic. I find those have more re-watch value.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post

                              Well put. Maybe that's why I tend to enjoy the Cat III films more than the pinky or roman porno stuff, I dig the lowbrow campy aesthetic. I find those have more re-watch value.
                              Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I like both CAT III and Japanese exploitation. They just have that different feel. I like the camp elements in CAT III, it makes them really different.

                              The jokes in The Untold Story are particularly bizarre, like someone crossed Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer with Vice Academy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X