'Nagai Go no Horror Gekijo: Mannequin' (1992) Dir. Hidehiro Ito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nagai Go no Horror Gekijo: Mannequin' (1992) Dir. Hidehiro Ito

Master Japanese fabulist, Go Nagai introduces another tantalizingly twisted journey into sensationally skewed S.O.V J-Horror phantasmagoria. A pretty, solitudinous, appealingly bespectacled, albeit melancholic Fashion student, distressingly discovers tiny pins in her neatly prepared sandwiches! Our petite, unjustly beleaguered protagonist is daily tormented by an especially malign group of inexplicably cruel classmates. The gifted student has an unrequited crush on her handsome professor, and to add insult to ignominy, her callous abusers cruelly destroy her beautiful, immaculately designed dress.

Not unsurprisingly, this gross act of vandalism has a devastating impact on the gentle student's fragile psyche. Not as pronouncedly psychotronic as some other instalments in the series, the performances are uniformly excellent, and it has a rather brillo score. Maestro, Hidehiro Ito's engaging S.O.V shocker, Nagai Go no Horror Gekijo: Mannequin has strongly maintained its spooky allure. Stylishly shot, erupting with some inspired moments of grand Guignol intensity! The supernatural elements have a genuinely menacing quality, and the bravura climax retains its bizarre appeal! A sinisterly surreal J-Horror gem, and I found the haunted mannequin's gruesomely administered revenge to be enormously cathartic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Turns out I wasn't quite so alone as i thought! mUTTi woz wotchin' me through the telly box!!.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	419871

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	419872

Working...
X